VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Zero Curious?

Rate this question

Wayne TX

Question

I thought I read somewhere on here that so many 0 ratings would eventually get rated as 10%  Can someone vouch for this and if so.....how many does it take to equal a 10% rating?

Edited by Wayne TX

• HadIt.com Elder

3 -0% ratings equal a  10% rating  from wht I was told  I never seen it in the CFR'S

say what?  Where did you read this, I have never seen it officially either.

• HadIt.com Elder

This came up last year  I believe Roger Phillips mention the 3-0% equal a 10%rating  or it might have been 4 -0%  I'm not sure...but it does have it in the CFR'S some where.?

§ 3.324 Multiple noncompensable service-connected disabilities.

Whenever a veteran is suffering from two or more separate permanent service-connected disabilities of such character as clearly to interfere with normal employability, even though none of the disabilities may be of compensable degree under the 1945 Schedule for Rating Disabilities the rating agency is authorized to apply a 10-percent rating, but not in combination with any other rating.

I believe what we discovered last year was that if you have any other disability that is compensated, than no.  In other words, if you have 2 or more  0%'s and only those two or more, than they can give you 10%,  Now if you have 2 or more 0%'s plus a 10% for an aditional disability than you only get the 10%,

I have 4 or 5 0%'s, but no additonal %'s to my total.

Make sense?

VA Math?

Hamslice

38 CFR 3.324 is a special provision whereby a VA decision maker "MAY" assign a 10 percent combined evaluation when the person has two or more service connected conditions that are 0 percent with no compensable evaluation for another condition