VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C and P took 10-15 min, Is that bad?

Rate this question

Nickvet82

Question

I had a C and P exam 2 weeks ago for an increase in my PTSD rating. Im currently at 30% and when I did my C and P exam, the examiner asked my 3 questions and pretty much rushed me out of there. I feel like the exam should have taken longer than 10-15 minutes with the 36 pages of evidence fro my therapist. Does this sound bad, in that my claim will be denied. Thank you 

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It just depends on your evidence  if your evidence shows an increase is warranted.  yes 

But from my experience with a PTSD C&P  My Exam took 90 minutes   and some can take hours.  but now with all the reading off the computer  the examiners have a week or so to read all your information and  when the C&P Exams are scheduled   they usually read all of it from the computer.so 15 minutes  if he got to the part that the evidence showed  and warranted an increase within 15 min.

sometimes its hard to say if you had a favorable exam or not   because some examiners are not very friendly  or have a good up-beat personality.  some just go by what the evidence states and that's it.

Well glad you made it thru the exam bud. As stated above it can be good or bad. Really hard to tell as the process is much smoother and Docs have access to most of the evidence these days. Now I had an PTSD exam two weeks ago and I was in there for a couple of hours, but everyone is different. Just try to relax, and keep us posted. God Bless

5 minutes ago, snow1wave said:

You guys with psych issues, how did you prove s/c? 

I knew something wasn't right when I was in and told someone at medical, the corpsmen sent me to the naval hospital to see a psychiatrist who of course chalked it up to a "phase of life crisis" but that was in my record.  That was in the early 90's, I didn't seek treatment at the VA or file a claim until 2006.  I had seen counselors, therapists, psychiatrists, psychologist and been hospitalized once between my discharge and filing. 

10 minutes ago, seminoles said:

I knew something wasn't right when I was in and told someone at medical, the corpsmen sent me to the naval hospital to see a psychiatrist who of course chalked it up to a "phase of life crisis" but that was in my record.  That was in the early 90's, I didn't seek treatment at the VA or file a claim until 2006.  I had seen counselors, therapists, psychiatrists, psychologist and been hospitalized once between my discharge and filing. 

Ok, my issue is I had an event, but I never got treated for psych issues while in. So if there was an inservice event, and I received a favorable c&p with a diagnoses that points to the event being the cause. Could I still be rated even though there was no in service treatment?