VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

papahotel58

Question

I have a question. I am currently 90% disabled for s/c  50% PTSD , 50% sleep apnea, 30% migraine headaches, 10% cervical strain, 10% tinnitus and 10%, degenerative joint disease, 0% hearing loss, 0% shoulder injury.
Awarded SSDI last year on first attempt for all s/c disabilities, only things not s/c (in VA eyes) was my left knee and hypertension.
How much weight will my SSDI rating mean if anything to the VA?
My 50% rating for PTSD will be increasing to 70% per my DAV reps comments taken from my last C&P exam.

I haven't worked in 11 months due to my s/c issues and lost my job because of my PTSD problems. However I did receive a letter from my former employer stating reason for dismissal was due to my difficulties working with others and missing work due to s/c disabilities.  I sent that to the VA as well.
I filed for TDIU last year and was denied.

I refilled my claim again in March, including my SSDI, C&P, Letter from employer and letter from VA psychologist.

It has now been pending decision approval for about 10 days and back dated to the original date that I was denied last year.

My question is, What is the chances I will be approved for TDIU? and if so will I get any back pay?

Its stressful enough with just living day to day and this just adds gas to the fire.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I had a very similar situation, I did receive TDIU but they gave me a whopping two months of backpay.......still havent' figured out how they did that.  My original claim for IU was Feb. 2011, they denied in August 2013, I did much like you sent in my ssdi award (which they found me disabled back to Jan. 2009) when ssdi adj awarded me fully favorable in Feb. of 2014.  The VA awarded me TDIU without a c&p in September 2014 and I was only paid back to August 2014.  I have no idea how they get away with that crap, SSDI is the opposite, they don't care when you file........they care when you were disabled.  I know the VA uses date of filing claim but for me, they seemed to just pick a random date.  I wish I knew then what I know now.......i would have fought for an earlier effective date because that was an insane amount of backpay I didn't get.  Until you receive that packet, it is impossibly to know honestly.