• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

ADodge

Ever Hear of a C&P exam you don't have to be at?

Question

So I'm wondering if anyone else has ever had a C&P exam that they do not have to be at??  I did this past Thursday!!! I found out about it because for the past week the ebenifits site has not been working right for me.  I cannot check my status or most information that is of a personal nature.  I keep getting this error code.  I reported it. Talked to a tech on the phone he took all the necessary information and said they would contact me via email.  Well that was over a week ago.  But I keep checking to see if they have fixed the problem.  But they haven't! Anyway I called again an was taking to someone at the 800 # that you would call about status.  And I happen to click into the VA appointment area.  And Holy SHIT there is an appointment that had been scheduled at 0800 Thursday!  And I knew nothing about it.  And the appointment indicates it is a C&P appointment!!???  WTF??  And what is really screwy is that I was at the VA on Thursday because I have a standing appointment on Thursdays 2 1400.  So I ask this person on the phone what they hell that is all about, considering I was never notified of the appointment and the status appears that it was CANCELED by ME???  And believe me I am really pissed at that point!!! 

SO this person explains to me that this appointment was scheduled by the VA and it was a C&P appointment but the type that I don't need to attend.  I said REALLY?  And can you tell me exactly how they perform an exam without the patient being present??  And this person tells me they use the records they have from the VA???  I told him that was going to be the shortest exam in VA history considering I only go to one area of the VA for a class which wouldn't help in any way with my current claims, so honestly EXACTLY WHAT INFORMATION and who is giving this MEDICAL information that supposedly has anything to do with me and any of the claims I have open at this time?   This person said they didn't know and that these exams are a normal part of all claims????

WELL I don't know about anyone else on this site.  But I certainly find that rather STRANGE that a Veteran can have a C&P exam done with out being physically present???  I also want to know EXACTLY the who, what, when and where of any medical information that was obtained Thursday morning and EXACTLY how it is to be used as far as any open claim I have at this time with the VA?  

• Like 2

Nothing to be upset about, it is normal.  Unless it involves some kind of physical exam, or a mental health C&P, they can do one without you.  The appointment is just time set aside for the doc to do yours.

For example, my first GERD C&P, I didn't have to attend.  But the second one, I did attend and the doctor even said "Well, I don't know why they scheduled you to come in, I could of done all of this by your medical records since there is no physical exam"

" I also want to know EXACTLY the who, what, when and where of any medical information that was obtained Thursday morning and EXACTLY how it is to be used as far as any open claim I have at this time with the VA? " - All of that information will be included in the exam report.  It will say what doctor did it, as well as what documents they examined to get the information.

What was the C&P exam for?

Edited by marinevet1987

Ad

If you missed a c and p exam, call and reschedule ASAP.  

Make sure VA has your correct address and phone numbers, in both VA medical and VA benefits.  Not one.  Both.  

Its not all that Odd to not have to go to to a C&P exam. It simply means there is enough medical evidence for them to come to a decision with out bringing you in.

So if there is enough medical evidence then I take it they are using my military health record and the medical records I supplied them with.  Because other than that they wouldn't have anything that is actually current.  

But if this is normal then I guess I was just surprised to see that a C&P exam had been scheduled and I had not been notified!!! 

Perhaps they will be scheduling another one this week when I supply them with more records!!! Because I have to send them all my Oncology records.  Strange how they scheduled this exam when they know MGH is sending all my oncology records this week.  In fact they should receive them today, Monday.  

Well I guess I shouldn't be too surprised by anything that goes on with the VA.  but just when you think you have heard it all or seen it all, something new happens and WHAM I am totally SHOCKED!!!  LMFAO 

Thanks for the input.  It certainly set my mind at ease!!!

AMD. 

7 hours ago, ADodge said:

So if there is enough medical evidence then I take it they are using my military health record and the medical records I supplied them with.  Because other than that they wouldn't have anything that is actually current.  

But if this is normal then I guess I was just surprised to see that a C&P exam had been scheduled and I had not been notified!!! 

Perhaps they will be scheduling another one this week when I supply them with more records!!! Because I have to send them all my Oncology records.  Strange how they scheduled this exam when they know MGH is sending all my oncology records this week.  In fact they should receive them today, Monday.  

Well I guess I shouldn't be too surprised by anything that goes on with the VA.  but just when you think you have heard it all or seen it all, something new happens and WHAM I am totally SHOCKED!!!  LMFAO 

Thanks for the input.  It certainly set my mind at ease!!!

AMD. 

Yes, depending on the disability. If someone else has done all the measurements, noted the details, medications prescribed, made a nexus statement, etc... and it's relatively recent, then it can happen.

I highly recommend you look at the C&P results and the award letter or SSOC when you get them. Compare them to the rating criteria to make sure the C&P docs and the VARO raters did not screw it up at either end.

If you want a good laugh, look at the DBQ questions related to your specific disability and then look at the rating criteria. You'll find a bunch of DBQ questions which absolutely zero bearing on the rating criteria.