VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Knee replacement with an existing claim

Rate this question

Ira Brown

Question

Rated at 90% (70% PTSD 20% for left knee 20% for right knee and a few at 10%) Had open claim for increase to 100%. While claim was still in gathering evidence stage(9 months in) had total knee replacement and filed for the temporary 100%. Somehow my existing claim and knee replacement claim got added together.I watched the progress all way to pending decision approval and estimated completion of 6-30-2016. Just checked and status changed to gathering evidence and completion of 11-15-2016. How is this possible for a total knee replacement? Please advise.

9 hours ago

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• Founder

Ira -

The status on E-Benefits often jumps back and forth, it's frustrating but that's the system. Many veterans have gone through it and it could go right back to pending decision approval again in a few days. Just no way to read the tea leaves on this one.

I was told that the knee replacement would get me 100% for around 13 months while the existing claim Was decided...which is almost guaranteed to be bumped to the 100% anyway. Have been going through process since 2011. Does knee replacement still fall under regular timelines for wait period? 13 months will be up before they make a decision.