VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My psychiatrist xferred, my wait has been over 6 months and they canceled my appointment.

Rate this topic

My psychiatrist of over 10 years transferred last December.  Protocol with him was always call and I got in within a week or two.  He let me know before he transferred and said to just call a few weeks before I needed to be seen.  In January, I had an appointment at the hospital 3 hours away and had a severe panic attack in the waiting room.  I called my local mental health clinic for an appointment afterwards and I was told the wait was at least 4 months.  They assured me that I could see a pharmacist to "bridge" my medications.  I have seen her twice and had an appointment with a new psychiatrist for July 19th. I noticed on my appointments page that is emailed to me by the VA that it had been canceled and not new appointment was scheduled.  I called the MH clinic last Monday to inquire about it and was told someone would call me back.  Thursday, still no phone call from the clinic and I called the patient advocate because not only was my appointment canceled by the pharmacist had entered a new mh diagnosis and I noticed some notes from my phone call in Jan. that were not true.  The patient advocate told me someone would be calling me to schedule me and appointment and the other issues would be looked into.  I have yet to receive a phone call to schedule me for a new psychiatrist appointment and I don't even know what to do anymore honestly.  I never had this problem for over 10 years.  I am TDIU P and T.  I am rated for mh and I can't get an appointment.   I also have agoraphobia which makes it nearly impossible to just go and sit at the mh clinic all day hoping someone doesn't show for an appointment.  What should I do now?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic