VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Psych and General C&P exams tomorrow

Rate this question

LauraB

Question

Tomorrow I am scheduled for 2 C&P exams..Psych and General...I am applying for MDD/Anxiety secondary to my Right knee TKR and Fibro Secondary to the MDD/Anxiety..I have diagnosis for all, all done by the VA...As Im looking through the web to help prepare myself for these C&P's I am having an anxiety attack! Do I need to bring any of my MHV notes from Myhealthvet? And what in the world are Axis on the DBQ? As far as the General exam, which I assume is for the Fibro, I have all but 1 of the trigger points and if you press any of them it is quite obvious! Just wondering if there is anything that is NOT ok to say at the Psych exam...Im not worried about the previous drug use question, I haven't any, but Ive had depression most of my life..it just started getting really bad, enough to go on meds, after my 1st surgery on my SC right knee...then the Anxiety came about after the RTKR..hope this makes sense...I just need some guidance on these exams, and CANNOT wait until they are over!

Vync,

I carried my healthevet files and doctor accepted them and used them in exam. Relax just tell about your problems. My mine went well but it was for Bipolar Disorder.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
On 6/30/2016 at 2:51 PM, LauraB said:

Just had my C&P exams today, one for the Fibro and the other for the Pysch...needless to say my anxiety is thru the roof right now....First of all I do NOT like having to explain myself over and over, especially when all of the info is right in front of them in my VA files...it is hard for me, and Im sure for MANY others, to try to justify something that I know is correct...is it their job to make me feel as though I was making everything up???? Well at least it is over, I did my part and I was honest...now I just have to sit back and wait...hurry up and wait...I am SOO thankful for this website, it really makes me feel as though I am not alone in the VA web by myself!

Hey LauraB,
Just checking to see how you are doing. Because it has been a few days since you had your exams, I recommend you try to get a copy of them.

I found my report on the Blue button on myhealth page..Im not sure what to do or where to go with this, I definitely disagree with the outcome, but not sure how to submit "new evidence"...Im meeting with my Pysch doc next week...this is what the

Fibro exam

b. The condition claimed is less likely than not (less than 50% probability) proximately due to or the result of the Veteran's service connected condition.

c. Rationale:

Up-to-date: "Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain disorder with an unknown etiology

and unclear pathophysiology." Therefore it is not possible to state that Ms.

Penny-Birkenbach's diagnosis of fibromyalgia is the result of strain, lateral

collateral ligament, right knee; status post lateral meniscectomy and medial meniscectomy chondromalacia patellae. 

For the MDD/Anxiety:

The Veteran currently meets DSM-5 criteria for a diagnosis of Unspecified Depressive Disorder with Anxious Distress (transient, mild to moderate symptoms of depression and anxiety that cause marked distress and mild impairment in social and occupational functioning due to withdrawal/social avoidance).

The Veteran's records indicate that onset of her depression and anxiety (symptoms of her Unspecified Depressive Disorder with Anxious Distress) had initial onset in 1995 and were primarily due to AIDS/HIV+. Although her VA treatment records show she had anxiety in 1995/1996, she states her anxiety

became much more severe after her knee replacement surgeries last year. 

b. The condition claimed is less likely than not (less than 50% probability) proximately due to or the result of the Veteran's service connected condition.

c. Rationale: The Veteran's depression (and anxiety) are not "due to or the

result of" her knee condition ("strain, lateral collateral ligament, right

knee; status post lateral meniscectomy and medial meniscectomy with chondromalacia patella) as symptom onset was primarily related to AIDS/HIV+ diagnosis in 1995. However, her knee condition is thought to aggravate and exacerbate her depression and anxiety.  ***( I was diagnosed in 1993 so Im not sure how this applies!)