VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VBMS Appeals in E-bennies

Rate this question

LauraB

Question

I received the dreaded denial letter earlier this month for Left knee condition secondary to Right knee S/C condition. I have been trying to get the left knee covered due to overuse and severe limp, due to 6 Right knee surgeries, one of which was a TKR. My Primary doc at the VA wrote an awesome Nexus letter and I gave it to my VSO at the DAV...she submitted it with a reconsideration request, stating new material. I have been looking daily on e-benefits to check the status but it hasn't shown up on my Dashboard..so I decided to check the Disabilities tab and there was this: Pending Disabilities: Vbms/appeals  and Left knee condition secondary to right (due to compensation). both had the exact date...can someone tell me what this means? I didn't fill out a NOD on the claim, but we only filed the reconsideration paperwork.. Anyone else have anything like this?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I guess my VSO sent in a written disagreement with an election of DRO process...so now I guess now I am in the wait and see phase of the process..anyone have an ETA on these type of things? I got the letter from the VA stating that they received it and what is supposed to happen from here on out...fingers crossed that the awesome Nexus letter that my doc wrote will be enough for the DRO to make a new decision!