VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Benefits letter

Rate this question

jlduty

Question

I logged onto Ebennies yesterday and lo and behold I have a closed claim and a rating...woohoo!  However, I am a bit skeptical until I see a letter. When I go into the document section the benefit letter shows me as the survivor to my still living active duty husband?!  Do I just need to wait a bit longer to see my rating letter (also known as the AB8)? 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I am glad you got a rating but concerned that they say 'survivor'.

VA declared many living veterans dead in the last few years, much to the veteran's surprise.

They are supposed to be correcting whatever caused that problem.

My husband, whose has been dead for 22 years, even got a letter about his claim about a year ago.

A few other widows did too and one of them was on Fox News and that interview was hilarious.

But other widows were very upset.

I was delighted when my dead husband got this letter because I was getting the VA to call CUE on itself and was dealing with their director practically on a daily basis and I was thrilled that I could tell her of one more screw up by the Buffalo VARO.

His claim ,based on the same 1151 issue  I was still fighting over,was filed in 1994.

They awarded it after he died. Death by VA. 

VA did apologise for the letter he got.I sure never got an apology from the multiple doctors who caused his death.

Berta the more I read about your VA saga the more I am blown away. You have been through so much and are such a blessing to so many of us veterans. Thank you for your kindness time and knowledge.  I am going to call Peggy and see if I can get an answer to why it is listed that way. I haven't even received my BBE yet so it's pretty early to expect it to be online I suppose.