VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Backlog Grows

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.vawatchdog.com/nfDEC06/nf120206-9.htm

Sorry if this was already posted by someone else-

this information does not seem to account for the stats on Remands-

In any event - CAVC is whipping out decisions at a very fast pace-and yet the BVA is forced to Remand claims back to the VARO for numerous reasons, to be re-done at that level, and as this article shows, the VA has hired new people and is training them-yet veterans still wait and wait.

I saw a recent claim at the CAVC where the veteran had died and then his widow-as the CAVC Plaintiff-died too.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta,

Thanks for posting this. I believe if the Va. system would quit repeating the same procedures and just read the claims, stop loosing papers and apply themselves as hard as we do to win a claim, the process would move smoothly.

How do we teach the Va This?

Always,

Josephine

Folks, I believe the majority of the remands are from the VA Regional offices making mistakes and inadequatly handling claims. The BVA or Courts catch the problems and send them back as a remand. Why dont they just say there are mistakes and let them correct them on the spot. The BVA and Court should have a couple of DRO reviewer level personnel at the ready to do this in the same building.

• HadIt.com Elder
Folks, I believe the majority of the remands are from the VA Regional offices making mistakes and inadequatly handling claims. The BVA or Courts catch the problems and send them back as a remand. Why dont they just say there are mistakes and let them correct them on the spot. The BVA and Court should have a couple of DRO reviewer level personnel at the ready to do this in the same building.

Seems to me they tried that only to have it revoked. I don't think the statutes allow this, anyway. Errors must be sent back to the original agency for correction. Ever heard of job security?

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

The BVA remand then adds another year to your claim and sometimes you find yourself back at square one. This is why I hate going to the BVA. Why send you claim all the way to the BVA and wait two years to have it remanded back to the same RO that screwed you to begin with?

Although I think the whole system is screwed up, in the BVA defense - I think they used to try to fix without remanding by ordering new C&P's, IMO's etc. however, one of the service organizations took them to court. The results of the hearing was that BVA was told their actions were illegal and all claims that needed additional development must be returned to the AOJ. I don't know the background but I guess that with that power BVA had become just as evil as the Ro's are now. Multiply medical opinions (denial fishing) etc... I think that I read this somewhere. Don't take my word though for I also hear voices and see things that are not really there according to my wife and I don't even have PTSD or at least I don't think I do.

Ricky