VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RO Hearing question

Rate this question

Wayne TX

Question

I sent in my NOD application asking for a DRO HEARING but attached no new evidence (have plenty). My question is will RO ask me to send in my new evidence at some time prior to my actual scheduled-to-be DRO HEARING?  I have read you should send new evidence immediately, then some say wait and show it to them in person.  Do I even have either of these options, or not?  Hope someone can offer their experiences ........(1) sent new evidence with NOD form.....and (2) anyone who waited till the Hearing to provide all new evidence.

Wayne    

Edited by Wayne TX

Gastone;

Well, it's on now..my NOD showed up on ebenefits today with the correct information but the date excepted is still blank so something is going on? I double checked to make sure that I met tjhe one year requirements as my C-file never showed up like I had hoped so, I was down to the wire. I did get a call from the Records Center in St Louis and they said that I would have my C-file within 30 days and that they are running a 220 days backlog. However, I sent everything UPS and got a photo copy of the signature of the person at the VA that signed for the package which was date stamped.  Interestingly, I asked to get a call from the VA but they called after work and did not leave a message.  I think the VA is going to try and argue that I did not make the 1 year NOD window? The good news is that now, I have time and $  to get my new  IMO/IME exams that I need which may make a big difference in my case.  I'm at 90% but the climb to 100%b is going to be difficult. I believe I can get it using different strategies. I want to file for a new contention for Hypogonadism which my doctor recognizes (given the evidence that I gave him) and is willing to sign off on the DBQ.  If the TBI doctor had already addresses that in my TBI claim, I would have been at 100% already...if nothing else the VA is teaching me how to be patient.. He focused on the explosion but mainly on the damage to my ears, headaches, instead of my extremely low testosterone levels of 80...and should around 500 level. So, I don't know if I should just file a new and separate case for Hypogonadism or just add it to my TBI NOD when it comes up. I think a new claim would move much faster in terms of resolution.

Godspeed Rootbeer22

Godspeed Rootbeer22 

Take Care.Rootbeer22

To GASTONE:

Who, you or VSO filed the NOD requesting the DRO Hearing?  I had an Attorney submit.  Sent Cert Return Receipt, US Mail?  Yes

I do understand mandated N & M evidence is required at some point. 

I've made it to 40% on my own, but low balling claims plus denials has caused me to file the NOD's now.  I am moving forward with an attorney in tow so I doubt I won't be given a DRO Hearing.  In fact, they've already acknowledged receiving my DRO Hearing request.  

Since an attorney works for me I get to decide and direct him. I got low balled by a 20% increase factor.  If I can get this low ball NOD done sooner than later before the other drawn-out NOD's then that really interests me. My question now becomes can anyone say that they've broken out one NOD ahead of the rest and that the RO actually addressed it independently ahead of the others and made a decision?      

• HadIt.com Elder

Gastone

I think Wayne RO is Waco Tx = same as Mine

I believe the DRO Hearings Wait time is like anywhere from 2 months to 4 months to 6 months, but I'm not 100% sure.

My DRO Hearing from the time I recieve the letter from RO Granting the DRO Hearing it was 60 days until I had  my Hearing.

Now this was several years ago back in 2002

Yes, Buck52.....my RO is Waco.   I would be delighted if my DRO Hearing could happen that fast, but I am actually expecting to wait at least a year to be seen based on the backlog in Waco.  I do believe my NOD for an increase that has meet all the criteria should not have to wait that long........the rest I can understand the normal waiting time of backlogged denials.  My attorney did request an updated C-file, but eBenefits came back with a delivery date of 2018......I do have one already from 2009, but it is not updated. Seems nuts to me that a "new" C-File request will be sent most likely after the DRO Hearing itself.  I doubt it will take into 2018 to get a DRO Hearing date.

Edited by Wayne TX

Wayne TX:

I got my NOD letter from the VA today and made the deadline with one day to spare...Whew.. I did make it in which had me worried! I had been waiting for my C-file first to file but no joy to the point at where I went ahead and filed the NOD anyway so I did not miss the deadline. I've been told by the records folks at the NPRC in St Louis that my C-file should be here any day now?  I'm anxious to see what the Docs said on the CP Exams so I can see if they missed something or not? I've asked for the DRO  review and hearing so it may be a long time before I ever see anyone based upon what I'm hearing. Frankly, a little bit of a wait should give me more the time to provided even  additional evidence than I have already produced.  But, now I have the time to get new IME/IMO CP exams, so that should substantially strengthen my NOD. I've been arguing about a damaged big right toe for sometime and that should be slam dunk with a New IMO/IME to further substantiate it. Although I may disagree with some of the ratting, the rater has done a pretty good job for me so far. I tried to make their decisions easier by providing a good nexus and lots of very specific evidence. So, at least for me, I'll be providing even more evidence.. My wife has been arguing about the costs of the new IMO/IME evidence but I just got enough Free Air Miles to pay for the flight to see Dr Ellis in Oklahoma, City..for new exams which should help..anyway....if nothing else, i'm at least moving forward again....

Godspeed Rootbeer22

Hey rootbeer22.....I use Dr. Ellis as well for IMO.....he's a good guy. I'm pretty close to him out of Dallas so I can drive up and back same day.  I really do do not expect to see a DRO HEARING any sooner than a year from now.  I am okay with waiting it out since a request for an updated C-File looks like might take 7-9 months anyway.  I am not buying the eBenefits BS that 2018 will be the earliest date. I am hearing several say over 200 days at least if not more on a C-File request. I got one in 2009. I am pissed that they low balled me on a claim by 20% less, and I should not have to wait a year now for an increase on something that I have already qualified, but the retro is building up on them every month. Go figure.

Edited by Wayne TX