VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pittsburgh Appeal DRO De novo

Rate this question

ArmyVet1981

Question

Hello again-----

Just more of a question/input than anything, but would love to hear anyone's personal experience if you have dealt with Pittsburgh Appeal process.

Try to make this short....

I developed an anxiety disorder while I was on active duty.

I didn't apply for it on my initial claim in 2009 cause of the "stigma" (I know, silly on my part) :wacko:

However my generalized anxiety disorder got worse and worse, by this time I was on 3 times a day benzos, FMLA, seeing a psych at the VAMC as well as weekly sessions at the Women's Clinic...

I applied for the anxiety claim in 2013, over a year later I was granted 10%.

Due to moves and life changes, I put in my NOD (asking for a DRO De novo)  I believed that having FMLA (missing more than a day or two of work a week due to panic attacks would constitute a higher rating??)

My Appeal has been in since June 2015 (so just at a year...)

Has anyone dealt with Pittsburgh in regards to appeals, especially a DRO De Novo?  

What was your wait time?

What was your outcome?

Someone told me they were working on 2012 and EARLIER appeals?!!!:wacko:

Thanks again for any input!!!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Hi, yes, I've been working with the "Appeals Coach"...Pittsburgh RO.  Just completed my 2nd DRO...July 5th.  Requested a re-run of my DRO from December 31, 2015...because the DRO messed up the process.  How may I help you...if, at all?  BTW, I'm with Pittsburgh because I live outside of the country.

Sorry forgot to reply to these questions...

What was your wait time?...wait time is pretty damn quick to get a DRO...couple of weeks.  However, the wait time is the transcribing of the hearing.  My first hearing's transcribing time was four (4) months.  Once the Hearing Officer receives the notes...has to read and make a decision.  First hearing was "denied".  Requesting a new hearing...don't think that's normal procedure?  Got it anyway...we'll see what happens in 4 months.  BTW, you have the opportunity to submit additional documentation after the hearing...til the time of actual decision making. 

What was your outcome?  Denied on the 1st hearing...