VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr. Bash results

Rate this topic

killemall

In June 2015 my friend and I both paid Dr Bash to do multiple ime's for us.

I was 70% and my friend was 80%

The Va never notified me properly of 5 c@ps.  So I missed them all.  The VA then got one of their doctors to write many reasons why I should not be awarded service connection.

Dr Bash wrote me another 8 page letter explaining why I should be service connected.  The VA didnt change any of their opinions.

My friend was properly notified of his 7 c@p examinations and was awarded 100% plus the k award for erectile dysfunction.

It sucks pretty bad for me. I did everything right and had Dr. Bash's imes plus letters from other drs stating the same thing as dr bash.

But missing a c@p, even though its not your fault, is apparently giving the Va bullets to take you down it seems.

Regardless Im happy for my friend.  Unfortunately because of the way it turned out I cannot tell you for sure if Dr Bash is worth your money.

But one out of two of us hitting 100% is surely not bad.  I really belieave if the VA had actually notified me of my c@ps that this would be a success story all the way around.

God bless you all and dont give up!  My friend went through so much to get where he is and I am now in the appeals process on my end.

Checked your address on EBenefits lately?  Bad addy there could mess up C&P notifications by non VA provider.  If the VHA does it, they send you appointment info directly, you can catch that on MyHealthEVet website.

I'm sorry to read this. Getting a denial is never good especially for something out of your control. Hang in there. I'm fighting too. Been in this rat race for six years now. Just got my statement of case and it was a denial. I got thirty days to get my IMO to them which Dr. Bash is working on now. I'm so worried. He's my last hope before I give up. Well I'm not going to give up. 

Okay well hang in there. Don't give up! 

Edited by SergeantQ
Spelling

My addy is good and i checked the va appointment callender frequently and even called and asked the va about appointments frequently.

Made no differance. They still said I missed c@ps I was never told about

• HadIt.com Elder

you could possibly go to your VAMC  C&P Dept  and request to see the C&P Director about this not getting a notice to 5 C&P Exams, or if no results there?

Go to your RO and let them know you never receive a notice and you check with ebenfits on a weekly bases &called the 1-800 #  take copy of phone bill  let them see where & when you called that # to make sure if you had some C&P Exams.

IF you were denied for this reason? not showing up for your C&P Exams?

Did you file an NOD and if so how did you dispute their decision?

They closed my claim in March 2016.

I disputed that I had never received notifi ation of the 5 c@p exams prior to my claim closing in march of 2015.

It wasnt till I checked the blue button after my claim closed that I saw that the VA said I had said I missed 5 c@p exams.

I notified the VA that my claim had been decided unfairly because I was never told of the exams.

Dr Bash then wrote me another 8 page letter disputing what the va doc had said in the march 2016 denial letter.

The VA then reopened the same claim that had closed in march.

It reopened in the middle of May and closed 2 weeks later with the same decision in early June.

Heres what I kinda noticed.

When you miss c@p exam the VA gets one of their docs to weigh heavily against you. Afterall you missed the most important fact proving step...

So even though I had the claim reopened...everything that doc said now has weight in my case.  Words that would have never been there had I been notified of exams and went to them.

I went from 0 to 20 to 30 to 40 to my current 70% and know how this stuff works.

If you go to your c@p exam, its either yes or no you meet  the qualifications for compensation and likely a yes that you are service connected.  If very likely not service connected then you probally wont even get the exam to begin with.

But if you miss the exams, rather your fault or the VAs..you just gave them a huge open door to screw you.

I spent nearly 10k on plane tickets, Dr bash and lodging to fly from Hawaii to Cali and meet Dr bash for imes.  I also went through 10 weeks of physical therapy and numerous dr visits.

Theres no way I would miss my c@p appointments.

Im 60% for hearing  and a job is nearly impossible for me to perform reliably.

I really needed an increase from my current 70% if it was warranted.

It just shows the VA process though...

Me and my friend have been fighting the VA for years.  Him since 2010 and me since 2005.

Atleaste one of us got our claim done fairly.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use