VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ADD CAB to DD-214 for claim

Rate this question

fiasco2g

Question

Is it required to add a combat action badge to my DD-214 for a disability claim? I have the CAB permanent order but it was received after MY ETS date so it is not on my current DD-214. Is this OK or will they require it for a PTSD claim? Thanks. This may not be posted in the correct spot but I will give it a try.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

It will greatly help your claim move faster due to every veteran is a liar and a drug addict according to VA. Fill out the form and send it to the appropriate department. It will take some time, make sure you keep a personal copy of your orders and send a copy along with the form DD149. Fill the form out as best as you can. You can try to file a claim without a DD215 which will add your CAB but VA loves to deny claims that are not simple and without a DD215 it would confuse them.

http://www.military.com/Resources/Forms/DD_149.pdf

As Pete says, a DD215 is a correction or addition to a DD214.  So you need to get a DD215 adding you CAB to your DD214.

When I returned from Iraq, I, as a Readiness NCO with Admin NCO background demanded that the personnel dept that was facilitating our return, redo approximatly 600 DD214's.  There were many mistakes on the DD214's they had pre-prepared for us upon our return. 

There answer was to have everyone get a DD215.  I objected and won the arguement.  Face to face with a O6 Colonel.

A lot of people do not know what a DD215 is and for what for.  They all know and ask for the DD214, but rarely ask if you have a DD215.

I have one DD215 from basic training which I hold dearly.  A couple months after leaving basic training with my DD214, I recieved a DD215 in the mail with this correction; Expert M16 Rifle Badge.

Can't beat that,

Hamslice

• HadIt.com Elder

This link may help too!

http://www.cufon.org/CRG/memo/186587.html

I requested a change in my DD-214 over a year ago  and not heard anything back, this was a request to the Army Review Board  in Arlington Virginia.

Some Colonel sent me a letter back and said they got my DD-214 correction request and said it could be  6months to a year before they can get t it. 

The service dates are wrong   they never put my extended stay from VietNam   I  ETS from Nam to Oakland Calif.

..and also my service from Germany was not on my DD-214. 

My Entry into the service was correct  but the day I ETS was Wrong.

this probably don't matter one way or the other as for as filing a claim  but I wanted it to be corrected...for my family  or family tradition after I pass.

So I filled out the form and will send it in. If it is not corrected before I file will they accept that I have the combat action badge permanent order from 18 Jan. 2006? That is why it was not on my DD-214 because my ETS (5 Sept 05) was before the CAB was issued 18 Jan 06. Thanks.

• HadIt.com Elder

They should fiasco2g ,

Also your military service records should be proof enough as to where you served and what unit you was with...any hostile enemy territory would be  enough, even though they do look at the DD-214  Other service records can provide the evidence they need.

You should file an ITF (Intent to File) that gives you a year to order your military service records from NRPC  from St Louis  before you actually have to submit your evidence.

....JMO

......................Buck