VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trying to figure out if a qualify for SMC S

Rate this question

AF101B

Question

Long time  reader, first time posting. Confused about SMC.  100% SC P&T scheduler. Confused because in my last letter RO sent form 21-526 but no explanation if I should complete.  I still have 2 unrated claims for lumbar spine and sciatica - which are currently rated at 0% service connected.  Been through a C&P for both.  Would I qualify for SMC?

60% CAD - heart -hypertensive  heart disease

50% Sleep Apnea

30% Lft Ventrical - heart

30% Migraines

30% Bilateral Plantar Fasciatas

20% Prostatitas

10% Hips

10% lft shoulder

10% rt shoulder

10% lft knee

10% tinnitus

10% eczama

10% GERD

10% wrist

10% Cervical spine degenerative disease

• HadIt.com Elder

With all these problematic S.C. Conditions   I don't truly understand why your still working?

SMC- S1 H.B. with spouse as dependent pays 3.417.00 monthly or close to it & with Social Security Disability ..That is a fairly modest income.

My thoughts exactly, Buck. How come this guy isn't in a wheelchair? Why work unless you need the $?

Happy 4th to you by the way. We'll rip off a 30-rd. clip of green 7.62 tracers for all the Vietnam Vets still standing tomorrow. I recently found some in the original steel casings left over from our war. They were about .90 cents apiece but where are you going to get green tracers nowadays? Used to watch them green footballs come corkscrewing up at me in our O-1 and wonder if one was going to have my name on it. Lucked out. The silver BB wasn't a tracer. Be well. Hope to see you next Spring in San Antonio at the NOVA conference. I'm buying. Cupcake and I decided to drive down and sight see. Want to go over to Angelfire in NM and drop off a few things I brought home.

• HadIt.com Elder

I hear that Alex & Happy 4th to you guys as well

As for as making the NOVA Conferences next spring

I may have to hold off, my wife as took a turn for the worse and is having cardio problems  with fluids building up around the heart and causes her feet to swell and causing her to have congestive heart failure, she has other complications from this as well and its a day to day of what happens? she had triple by pass in 2005  and diagnose with left main disease...and now another diagnose given to another part of her Heart  to complicated to write it down , I never understood the Medical fields medical terminology  eh!

Her Prognosis don't look promising, but we both try to keep a good outlook and up beat attitude, its really all in Gods Hands now as there's not much the Dr's can do at this point   just wait ...she is out of the Hospital now and home..I care for her...After 44 years of a great marriage and it ends...I am not sure how to take this.....just keep that old lump in my throat and pray for the best.

I hope your health problems with your ticker is under control ...and your feeling better, just keep a close eye on your old ticker my friend.

If this health scare changes for the better and she recovers  you bet I'll see you next spring.

TTYL

......Buck