VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Varo Withdraws Claim Without Concent

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetings,

I received a letter from my VARO and it inofrmed me that one of my appeals had been withdrawn and it was because (they said) I wrote a letter requesting it.

I contcated the 800 number and spoke to a rep and informed him that I in no way would have withdrew this appeal. The VA Just sent me in for a C&P 3 months ago.

I contacted the VARO last week and they informed me that a decision had been made on my 2 appeals and claim for AA. NOw they are telling me that it is now back with the developement team.

I faxed the VARO and sent a letter of protest. How could the VARO made such a terrible mistake?I have been waiting since Last May when iy went to the DRO for a final rating.

Has anyone evry had this heppen to them and what are my options? I do thank you all.

Bound4Heaven

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I think your vet rep should clarify this for you-

It is my understanding that only the veteran can withdraw an appeal (although sometimes their vet reps do with their permission)

Actually it just seems to me that they don't seem to have their facts straight-

Once a decision is made they should inform the vet-

The COVERS screen is where the claim actually is- when they just read the VACOLS screen- the 800 people dont get the full story-

Maybe best to call 800 and get a second opinion- and also ask your rep what's up.

Dear Berta,

I don't have a vet rep. I fired my last one AL over a year ago. I called the 800 number again a few minutes ago, and they are only showing 1 appeal and claim for AA. I have never been this frustrated with the VA in the 10 years I have delt with them. I have not seen such blantant error as this.

I know it will work out, however it is the time waiting and anxeity of it all. It just makes me want to withdraw my claims and go away and not deal with them again. Thank you Berta and Merry Christmas to you and your family. God bless.

Bound4Heaven

Bound, a withdrawal will only mean a VA victory for that is what they are hoping for. Keep up the fight. Let it settle until after Christmas and then hit them full force. There are plenty of concerned people on this site that will help you with the struggle. Merry Christmas and hang in there.

Ricky

• In Memoriam

My claims are going on for 4 years now. Started 11-01 unofficially through 11-02 officially. These claims have been remanded, from the BVA, and are now waiting for information, that the VBA lawyer requested.

Records from the Long Beach and Los Angeles VAMC's, are all that is required, according to the Veterans Service Center Manager. Several of these claims go back to 1986 and prior to that.

We are through the AMC (Amalgamated Made-up Concern - 3 to 6 month Stall) and back to the VRO.

Problem is that 2 1/2 years ago, when I moved to Arkansas, I got FOIA of all of my VAMC from Los Angeles and had these records scanned into the VAMC Fayetteville FOIA. I have witnessed signed FOIA request for the Long Beach VAMC medical records, as per BVA remand, more than 2 1/2 years ago.

This stall has given me the chance to go into the AO Registry. It has also given COPD and insomnia as diagnosis. Whats new!, every VN Vet has this as far as I know. It is either respiratory or cardio-vascular problems or both. I try to use the time in a positive way.

I have re-requested both of these sets of records, and I have sent copies of this prior request to the Veterans Service Center Manager. The scanned records are already there for several years.

The Omnibus bill that just passed the Senate, in the last hours of the 109th congress, will make lawyers available upon a nod of a VA decision. The President must sign.

Any reasonable person can see what is going here.