VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Trying To Save A Buck With Meds?

Rate this topic

I take travatan (eye drops) for glaucoma in both eyes once daily. However, I run out of the stuff several weeks before the pharmacy at VA will send me a refill. I talked about this with my eye doctor today & she said the pharmacy will not get bigger bottles & they will not ship 2 bottles at a time...They just expect me to make do with what I get. The doctor has also tried talking to the pharmacy about this problem with little success. Anyone else having this problem getting enough meds? I'm kid of miffed because VA seems to be trying to balance their budget at the expense of my eye sight.

Liz

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder
I take travatan (eye drops) for glaucoma in both eyes once daily. However, I run out of the stuff several weeks before the pharmacy at VA will send me a refill. I talked about this with my eye doctor today & she said the pharmacy will not get bigger bottles & they will not ship 2 bottles at a time...They just expect me to make do with what I get. The doctor has also tried talking to the pharmacy about this problem with little success. Anyone else having this problem getting enough meds? I'm kid of miffed because VA seems to be trying to balance their budget at the expense of my eye sight.

Liz

Just a suggestion but try having your doctor write the prescription for "both eyes 2 times daily." It would double the amount you receive or "both eyes 3 times daily," i would triple the amount. Then just follow the same usage you've had. That's the easiest way. jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Its really the Doc's fault the pharmacy will only send what has been prescribed.

I agree with Philip you need the Doc to increase your prescription. Not using your medication every day is a good way to go blind.