VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Pay

Rate this question

Cessnabc

Question

Is there anything that I can do to persuade/encourage the VA to pay me my back pay?  I had a claim settled over a year ago and have not received my back pay.  There is currently a Retired Pay Adjustment and Authorization review in the E-benefits dated the same date as the decision.  I know for fact that the "audit" has been returned from DFAS so I can't understand what the hold up is.  The projected completion dates for these two claims is 09/16 - 12/17.  I don't understand what the hold up is.  The VA has already determined that I rate the increase and is paying me for it.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

4 answers to this question

After winning my case (after an 8 year battle) I too waited several months for my back pay. I got fed up and emailed the Secretary of Veteran Affairs @  robert.a.mcdonald@va.gov and kept the message short, simple, and sweet (don't be a jerk)!

Within 3 weeks I had my back pay.

Semper Fi Brother.

Sgt. Wilky

Thanks for the help!  I am happy to report that in less than 2 weeks from contacting the Secretary, my back pay was deposited into my account.  Still waiting on the back pay from the latest increase, but its only been a couple of months.  I will give them a little time.