VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Entitlement

Rate this question

Andyman73

Question

Hey, I saw this on Ebennies this morning...I have a current EED NOD in place since last fall, but this morning I saw another appeal that said Entitlement to EED.  What does that mean? 

First, "what ebenefits says" does not mean much as its unreliable.  

Whether or not "yours" is reliable, remains to be seen.  However, this would appear that you have an appeal for earlier effective date pending.  It sounds like someone updated your ebenefits file to include your appeal on the effective date issue.  

You can search other areas of ebenefits (recommended) and you may have a "decision letter sent".  Based on what you posted, tho, it does not mean much, other than they recieved your effective date appeal.  .  

Edited by broncovet

I just looked at it again, since I didn't look anywhere else, earlier, to see if there was any clue to what it may be.  That appeal was filed in October of 15.  And it still shows as pending on my disabilities list.  But the new one says Entitlement to EED filed on 7/9/16 and says INC out to the side, same as the other one.  What's curious is when I filed a few appeals a few months ago, there was no change with the first one.  And both the October 15 and the July 16 both specifically say for my pes cavus w/plantar fasciitis bilateral disability.

Sure as heck don't want to get my hopes up for anything, certainly not retro $ for a 9yr 4mos increase that a 30% added to 40% rate would bring.  Can't tell nobody, either, cuz that would drive a person insane, thinking of something that is so close you can feel it, but still so far away you can't see it.  Worse yet, I already crunched the numbers and figured out what the minimum and maximum $ ranges would be.

This is the first ebennies message/change/update that I ever had that made me think something good may be in the not too far off distance. 

You are going to rack your brain over this and drive yourself sick.  No one can tell you anything for sure.  You just have to wait and see what the outcome will be.  

The word "Entitlement" simply means what you think it means, the fact of having the right to something.

Until it's closed there is only assumption.....

Navy4life,

I do know what you mean, about thinking of what that word implies, I had forgotten already, about it, till now, lol! Thanks! No, but seriously, I know that obsessing over that word is very dangerous to my emotional well being.  I haven't told my wife, or anyone else, for that matter, except here...this thread, only.

In other news, I got my SOCs for my NODS(except for the EED) they were reviewed and stayed the course, denied.  I thought nothing different than that, since I haven't had the experience of anything besides that.  To which I mean the VA doing the right thing.  Yes, I have had 2(only 2) successful claims since 2000, one of which generated that EED claim back to 02/06.  So I have no faith whatsoever in this.

Here's one reason, in the SOC it says, again, that my painful jaw condition/bruxism isn't enough to be a standalone claim for SC, but may have if I had claimed it during my initial 12months after EAS, but it's clearly a symptom of something else, more serious.  Which is MH related, since bruxism and clenching are both obvious signs of mental stress.  Ok...so I was being treated/checked, a handful of times for painful jaw condition...they noted excessive dental wear that had no obvious signs to dental issues.  Now then, wouldn't one think that then perhaps there was some serious mental stress of some kind going on?  I mean, attempted suicide, and constant SI, constant pain, ongoing sleep issues, alcohol abuse...and resultant Article 15/NJP...certainly go along with the bruxism pointing to MH issues, right?

Okay, then, since the VA has no duty to look for other causes for your issues, and grant SC for them, of their own free will, since they sure as H@#$ don't, my MH claim of depression secondary to chronic pain was stayed as denied, also.

Let me tell you, the heavy SI thoughts were pounding my mind after reading those SOCs. I could actually feel the darkness closing in on me.

Oh, one more thing....is this telling me something, is this a sign for me to follow???? Both on the original denial letter for the MH claim, and the SOC, it says the examiner gave more weight to legal issues and marrital issues as being equal or of more value towards my MH issues.  The only legal issues I have ever had(EVER) were while in the Marines, most notably being that Article 15. And my relationship with my wife didn't become strained until 5 or more years after the Corps, and after we were married, which was 6 months after my EAS.

Is that telling me I need to file my MDD claim as resulting from the Article 15, or what?

Andyman...while its soooo tempting to do other wise, I recommend you simply wait for the envelope and not rely on ebenefits.

Exception:   VA does not want people with a letter in their hand that says they are P and T when they are not, so AB8 letters are usually accurate.  However, in regards to effective dates, ebenies also does not mean much because they often use the date of the last Cola increase as the "effective date".  Worse, since we have not had a Cola increase in what 2 or 3 years?, they use that Dec. 1 date anyway..its the date of the "increase" but the increase is zero in regard to Cola.  

Andy, doesn't really matter now, but why did you go with the DRO Review over the Hearing?

What's the back story on the EED issue, what do you think the EED should be and why? Is your Direct Deposit account set up to Txt & Email you regarding All Transactions? You'll get the Retro Deposit before an actual Award/Denial Letter and possible SSOC.

From about 2010 or so, up to 01/03/2016, can't say I thought too much of E-Ben either. That is, other than for filing claims and printing Award and Benefit Letters.

My opinion of E-Ben changed when within 2 weeks of a Rating Dept Quality Review Decision 12/15/15, it was on my E-Ben 01/03/16. The Retro hit about 2 weeks later, but the Official Award Letter didn't arrive until mid April. 

You are on to the BVA, right? Might be time to get a couple FREE Legal Consults from VA Lawyers, at least (1) local lawyer.

Semper Fi