VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Entitlement

Rate this question

Andyman73

Question

Hey, I saw this on Ebennies this morning...I have a current EED NOD in place since last fall, but this morning I saw another appeal that said Entitlement to EED.  What does that mean? 

Andyman I  am glad you are a Prayer...I am one of the Prayer Warriors at my church and we pray always for all of our nation's disabled veterans, all AD men and women, and their families and I sure am praying for you.

I have also , as a hardcore claimant for 2 decades,have always prayed for the VA to be able to properly assess my evidence. That often took them many years to do but Patience ,Probative evidence, and Prayers have more Power than we often realize.

1 hour ago, Navy4life said:

Well it might be a process because they will have to calculate your % based on what you were S/C in 2006.  Do you remember what your S/C % was in 2006?  Also, if the contention they gave you EED doesn't change the overall % you will not get retro...

I was at 40% from 08/2000 till 04/2015.  So I'm expecting that if they give me the current 30% for my feet as the EED rating, also, that it would bump my then 40 to 60%.  And with 3 dependents from 01/06 till present, that would be approx $250 a month per 10% increase.  So at the low end, could be $250 times all those months, or $500, which I think is most likely, and slim chance of $750, if the bump adjusts my previous 40 to 70%, if the bilateral factor gives enough boost.

Berta,

Yes, I pray for all of us here, and in general, as well, Vets, their families, and those that assist Vets in any way, shape, or form, too.

Andy

• HadIt.com Elder

Fingers crossed for ya Andyman...Think Positive  or Think BIG............Either way I bet it's going to be a substantial amount!  Remember anything over 25.000.00 has to have three signatures...that last signature is what takes more time  they go over it with a fine fine tooth comb  from what I understand. 

Everything sounds like it's in your favor buddy!

16 minutes ago, Andyman73 said:

I was at 40% from 08/2000 till 04/2015.  So I'm expecting that if they give me the current 30% for my feet as the EED rating, also, that it would bump my then 40 to 60%.  And with 3 dependents from 01/06 till present, that would be approx $250 a month per 10% increase.  So at the low end, could be $250 times all those months, or $500, which I think is most likely, and slim chance of $750, if the bump adjusts my previous 40 to 70%, if the bilateral factor gives enough boost.

Berta,

Yes, I pray for all of us here, and in general, as well, Vets, their families, and those that assist Vets in any way, shape, or form, too.

Andy

Well you are looking a good chuck of money there!  That is sooooo exciting!!!!

Buck,

Thanks, man...finally got something from the VA(will be getting)that I should have had years ago.  Had told the boss(wife) that our lives would have been so much different if this would have been given when it should have...that 3rd baby she wanted, and so on.  And for me, even, my first very own new car.  And a better life for my kids, even.  I sure hate going with out, so they don't have to grow up like I did. I can't tell you what it feels like, having to ask the wife for a few more bucks for gas, till payday.  I can't even treat her right, in that sense, if I can barely afford any extras from my allowance/gas money.  But this will be a HUGE relief, pay down enough debt to literally free up a significant portion of my take home.

Hope that 3rd signer is in the zone and applies their :"John Hancock" to my document soonest!

Andy

1 minute ago, Navy4life said:

Well you are looking a good chuck of money there!  That is sooooo exciting!!!!

Navy4life,

I get all shivery just thinking about it, how it will change my life, for the better.  Even more so that my rate increases have...since they were a monthly increase with little to no retro.  I can hardly wait to tell my wife, since she knows I go with out any luxuries to ensure that she and the kids don't have to skip out.  This will be my first reward/bonus/lottery prize/payout that is bigger than a take home check, or tax return.

Andy