VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

derek.maak

Question

To be short and sweet i found out I am facing an MEB today. i am wondering what i might expect for benefits and how they work. Some ppl say you cant take va compensations if you get 30% MEB or more. others say i will have to pay back my separation pay if i take it ($90,000 maybe). and i really dont know how to judge what money i will make outside the Army. i have bad feet, ankles, knees, hip, back, left shoulder, ptsd, anger issues, migraines, sleep apnea, restles leg sleep disorder, depression. if all of these are 10-20% 140-280 %  what do i do?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I am very sorry no one replied yet to your question...did you mean your MEB was Tuesday, the day you posted?

http://www.pebforum.com/site/

This is a very good forum for PEB/MEB questions but we can handle many questions here too and have MEbers and PEBers as well

Were you able to get a PEBLO at your Mil installation?

All of the conditions you mentioned should be claimed.

Are there any Vet reps ( DAV, AL, VFW) on or near your base?

I will try to find more info on what you were told ....and post it here.

One thing to do...make sure you leave the Mil with a full copy of your STRs and even your personnel file if that too is available.Make sure your exit physical notes all of the above problems as well.

I assume ( but could be wrong-I am a civilian) that MEB/PEB AD get full out processing briefings like all other AD do.

My daughter (USAF) went to the VA one they did for the Navy because she had many briefings to get to and she said it was a fairly good overview of the basics and they had a vet rep there to answer questions.

If you can get to those briefings it would be great. Someone there  might be able to help you file the claim right away.

These links will answer the separation pay question:

http://myarmybenefits.us.army.mil/Home/Benefit_Library/Federal_Benefits_Page/DoD_Disability_Severance_Pay_.html?serv=151

http://www.wtc.army.mil/modules/soldier/s6-medicalBoards.html

You might be set for a PEB when the MEB is finished.

It is hard to determine how the ratings will go at this point but the VA, as I understand it, must follow the same rating that the Military gives you.

You can always appeal any VA rating that you think is too low.