VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Deleted

Rate this question

Guest rickb54

Question

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

OK, after more than a little research... I am left with the following conclusion. Housebound rate of s is lower than L1/2. Nope it makes NO sense but... thats the case. Title 38, section 1114 (s) is clear on it, and I followed the historical path backwards thru the comp rates to 2002. So I am actually being paid More $3,473 at L1/2 than I wouls be under (s)....

Makes no sense.. but go figure.

Sixthsense, once you qualify for "L" or higher the housebound rating becomes a moot issue. just like if you special adative housing grant and special adapted housing. If you get the special adapted housing the grant is moot. I MUST REMIND EVERYONE THAT YOU CAN NOT BUILD ON THE HOUSEBOUND RATING.

Thanks for making that point Dorothy-

You and Rich are sure our SMC experts -as well as others here-

I am glad you reminded all-

SMC "S" is not part of the "building block" potential of other SMC awards.100% for one SC and then 60% or more for additional independent SC (including "as if" SC under 1151) is the "S" award.

The VA could try to award me SMC on my CUE claim accrued for Rod and never considered-

100% under Section 1151 Plus 100% under SC PTSD-they could try to say it is the "s" award but I told them I won't accept "S".

The med evidence reveals well over 100% catastrophice disability that VA already admitted they caused -as well as Rod's death.

Anyone with both SC and Sec 1151 awards should not overlook the fact that Section 1151 disabilities can become part of an SMC award.

I have specific M21-1 regs, a GC pres Op, and four or five BVA decisions that prove that point if anyone needs-

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder
Sixthsense, once you qualify for "L" or higher the housebound rating becomes a moot issue. just like if you special adative housing grant and special adapted housing. If you get the special adapted housing the grant is moot. I MUST REMIND EVERYONE THAT YOU CAN NOT BUILD ON THE HOUSEBOUND RATING.

Couldn't you get an "L" award and an "s" award? I think you can get a "k" award, with another SMC award, so why not an "s" award?

pr

No, you cannot build upon the s award... essentially how SMC works is the lowest award k is rated, and then built up level by level depending upon the circumstance. What I have learned and has been shown here is that the smc rating of s is not a "buildable" rating. Once you hit the L rating, the money is greater than the s rating, so it becomes a "moot" point as stated by another post.

I am not sure what was meant by the adaptive housing grant/ vs adaptive housing. I have the adaptive housing grant, and the adaptive vehicle.... but what is the adaptive housing that was referenced earlier? The only other grant that I know of is HISA, and that CAN be added to the adaptive housing grant. Further, under the new law, the adaptive housing grant can be splint into three uses, combined which are not to exceed the 50K limit.

Is there some fund that pays to rent adaptive housing etc.? If so its the first I have heard of it.

Thanks for the help.

Bob Smith