VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Under the VRE, I am now being re-evaluated, due to my new evidence/material to my service connection disability.

I took a computer related assessment (like a generic ASVAB) testing system.  I printed out the report and I am suppose to discuss the information with my case manager.

Where can I go, to read and hopefully understand that regulation this falls under?  I would like to know what my options are.

I would like to go one way, but based on the assessment test, I am only authorized to another way, due to the information (what my case manager stated).

Thoughts?

50% Sleep Apnea

10% Tinnitus

0% Hypertension

0% Cognitive Disorder/NOS

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume, since you said 're assessment', that you are in a Voc Rehab program now or have been recently.

"Under the VRE, I am now being re-evaluated, due to my new evidence/material to my service connection disability."

Can you clarify that?

Is the re-assessment due to a past Voc Rehab Educational Plan that may not be feasible per the case manager, if you have had a SC increase in rating?

I am sure the case manager has given you a reason for the re assessment.

Then again maybe you had applied in the past but they found you not eligible?

Are you eligible for the GI Bill as well as Voc Rehab?

If so I suggest that you read Ben Krause's info here:

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2016/07/25/agency-error-voc-rehab-veterans-robbed-gi-bill-benefits/

He also has a VOC Rehab guide at his site.

This is where I think you will find the regulations you are seeking.

http://www.benefits.va.gov/warms/M28.asp

If Voc Rehab finds this program unfeasible, solely due to a veteran's  SC disability(ies)

and they are not working, then they should apply for TDIU paid at the 100% rate with a copy of the case manager's findings as evidence.

You said:

"

I would like to go one way, but based on the assessment test, I am only authorized to another way, due to the information (what my case manager stated)."

I think you mean something like this. My husband was in VOC Rehab.He worked at the VA as well and wanted to take a college program to enhance his past skills,PHVAC Operator and Nuclear Power Plant Equipment Operator.

The VRE case manager instead advised him to become computer savvy and put him into a college program with that goal in mind.

He didnt like that idea at first but then again he realized (this was many years ago) that computers were the future of just about every type of good employment.

The college gave him accommodations to his PTSD (you have to formally request the type of accommodations you need)and also they provided some additional tutoring.

We really can not give specific advice when you just give general background information.  For example, you did not say what this "new evidence" is.  Is it favorable or unfavorable?  

Specific Advice needs to have specifics, such as c and p exam notes, decisions posted, etc.    

General advice need only have general background.  

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use