VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD Increase - Opinions Wanted

Rate this question

anxiousinMD

Question

Hello all, first of all thank you to all who share your stories and advice. While this is my first post, I've been stalking the forum for months as something to do during my insomnia as I wait for my decision. I have found both comfort and education here. I was hoping for some opinions, advice, or even encouragement. I realize I'm not in the worst shape compared to others, but this process has my anxiety through the roof.

I am currently rated 30% SC PTSD-MST (total rating with other disabilities is 50%). My condition has progressively worsened, especially over the past few years. I submitted my FDC for PTSD increase and TDIU in May and it has been in Gathering of Evidence phase. All of my treatments have been with VA docs. My GAF scores average around 50. I obtained a favorable IMO to submit with my application. I haven't yet been scheduled for a C&P exam. Over the past several years I missed a lot of work, burned through my leave with sick days, was previously placed on both short and long term disability with my employer, all from my SC medical issues.

I would appreciate based on your experience and thoughts on whether I might have a good case for increase, what my rating might be, whether I might get TDIU or P&T, how long it might take for VA to get my medical records from VA hospitals, if I will have to do a C&P exam (the thought almost triggers a panic attack), or any advice on what I can do to pass the time as I wait besides chronically check eBenefits and read every single thread on this forum. I realize I have a much longer wait ahead of me, so I figured I'd start engaging here.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Edited by anxiousinMD

Has the VA asked you for any additional evidence?

Have you applied for SSDI benefits?

You applied for SSD, too, so that's a good thing.

I'm sure C&P exams are stressful and cause anxiety for

many people.

Ebenefits is tempting me to check the status of my

claim too much!

Edited by sunnyh

No, I did not get approved first try and it took

a couple of years to talk to a law judge.

I've read that SSA has a process for service

connected PTSD these days.

You may get SSD faster than in the past.

Others on the board may have more info

for you about service connected PTSD and the

Social Security process.

Edited by sunnyh

Welcome aboard and sorry to hear of your issues. As we all know, the Claims Process just never seems to get any easier, or less Stressful. We have alot in common and I truly hope you can find some help or a little comfort to seek treatment to deal with your ongoing MH status. I was approved for SSDI fairly quick around 2 months due to my ongoing MH and Physical issues. The SSA loves to deny Vets the first time, dont worry just make sure you have all your medical evidence together to challenge the SSA. Also with the VA, most Raters do not use the GAF scores anymore. Just make sure that you have the Diagnoses and Treatment thru the VA so that it is all well documented. Good luck and keep us posted. God Bless!!!