VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

So And Poa Question-anyone Know?

Rate this question

Guest jangrin

Question

Guest jangrin

Anybody know?

When we moved from Calif. to Texas 2 months ago -we were told my husbands claim was in with the raters in Calif. We went to the TVC office and they said we should transfer the file here to texas. Long story short the file is now in Texas.

The question is, when the SO here in Texas called the WACO office to see where the file is he called, I believe someone at the VARO. The person on the phone said something to the SO and he responded back over the phone, "theres no POA in the file?". He didn't say anything about it to us.

I got to thinking about it. Although we have never talked to or had contact with the AL- they were our POA as the county service officer said we should use them as they were good and had my husband sign the POA back when he first filed the claim.

Now since our move there evidently is no record of POA. Does the POA withdraw from a case if it is transfered from one RO to another RO?

Jangrin

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
Anybody know?

When we moved from Calif. to Texas 2 months ago -we were told my husbands claim was in with the raters in Calif. We went to the TVC office and they said we should transfer the file here to texas. Long story short the file is now in Texas.

The question is, when the SO here in Texas called the WACO office to see where the file is he called, I believe someone at the VARO. The person on the phone said something to the SO and he responded back over the phone, "theres no POA in the file?". He didn't say anything about it to us.

I got to thinking about it. Although we have never talked to or had contact with the AL- they were our POA as the county service officer said we should use them as they were good and had my husband sign the POA back when he first filed the claim.

Now since our move there evidently is no record of POA. Does the POA withdraw from a case if it is transfered from one RO to another RO?

Jangrin

POA remains in effect until claimant revokes it in writing.

pr

Guest jangrin
Jangrin,

Philip is correct.

And in order for the texas veterans commision to obtain any information about your claim, you would have to submit a new POA. The TVC should never had told you to transfer your records, until after the claim had been adjudicated. The transfer of records could cause further delays in adjudication of the claim.

Oh! where you ever able to get an answer concering the status of your claim. If necessary the Waco Regional office is open to all veterans no appointment necessary. In my two years living in texas I made many trips to waco, and the employees seemed very knowledgeable.

Best of luck with your claim.....

Thanks Rick,

We did find the file. It did get transfered to WACO. I believe it was pulled from the rating board in Oakland, however, the 800# people said it never was at the rating board. "First they say it's there then they say it's not".

Anyway, the TVC rep who suggested we have the file transfered out here got on the phone to WACO and talked to someone. The two reps were told by my husband he had no further evidence and that he had just gone to a C&P disability exam. So the TVC guy told the WACO guy it is ready to be rated. The WACO guy agreed everything was there in the file (except a POA ????). We are suppose to call the TVC rep in a couple of days to check the status.

Well I figure we added about 3 months more to our waiting because of having the file transfered. Hopefully the WACO RO will get it to their rating board, they both know we are working on almost a year wait so far. So we'll see what happens. I figure we are at least 6 months more of waiting. This is a DMII with many many secondarys and TDIU. They have many issues to go through on this claim.

Jangrin