VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IMO/IME Source & Price

Rate this question

sunnyh

Question

I can't afford an IMO/IME to counter the C&P examiner report.

I'm gonna have to beg, borrow and steal from my coin jars.

My lawyer says he uses a doctor who charges $1500.

Dr. Valette will charge me $2000. I like Dr. Valette's videos and his style.

http://shrink911.net/

I'm not trying to be negative, but I feel a denial is more likely than not

from VA.

I need to prepare.

Can someone tell me what kind of timeline is necessary after the

denial letters arrive to submit an IMO/IME to counter a recent C&P exam?

60 days

7 days

3 months

A year?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The time is partly up to you.  You can file a NOD the next day, or you can wait 364 days.  After you file the nod, the VA will need to issue a SOC.   This can take a year..sometimes more, sometimes less.  Then YOU must file the I9 within 60 days of the receipt of the SOC.  Now, you wait for your VSO to sit on the claim for anywhere from a few days to 18 months or more, like My VSO did.  

NOW, the waiting period on your VARO, again.  Hopefully, they certify your claim to the BVA within another year.  

You can definately submit new evidence before the claim is submitted to BVA, which, as I explained can be 3 years, or it can be more or less.  Finally you get a docket number.  Eventually you will be "cut off" as to new evidence..if you send it in, AFTER the first SOC, then the VARO has to do a SSOC..more delays.  Best is if you submit the IMO/IME within the first 2 years, but, again this depends on how long you take to file the NOD, and how long the VARO takes to file the SOC, how long your VSO sits on your claim, etc.  

Not sure what to even call my claim at the moment.

Lawyer's argument was used as an untimely appealed nod and law judge nevereven saw the argument.

Rater opened 2 new claims --one for ptsd increase and other

for tdiu. Both probably denied.

BTW is it allowed to link IMO doctor above?

I was worrying that maybe it's not allowed here?

Thank you Broncovet

Edited by sunnyh

Sunnyh I used valor compensation consulting. They were great assisted with my dbq, provided a records review, also an IMO. Mine was regarding sleep apnea and insomnia. Price was great 1000$ but they took several payments to help me out. I recommend them highly. 

Sunnyh,

I have used Valor Compensation Consulting and Dr. Valette for my NOD for PTSD. After 5 years of waiting and 2 C&P exams within a month or 2 from each other I was approved.  Dr. Valette disputed the previous C&P exams and does a very good job on the IMO worth every penny in my opinion.  It took both IMOs to have the VA schedule the C&P exam.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use