VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How long did it take for Dr. Bash to complete your IMO?

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I heard great things about Ellis Clinic from Federal Worker's Compensation people.   The thing is you have to go to them which means getting all your records and going to Oklahoma City.  If I wanted an opinion from Ellis Clinic would I have to pack up all my SMR's,  VA and private medical records to see them?  I never used them because I had very good doctors I had been seeing here in Tampa and they referred me to other doctors for friendly IME.  This was because I was in treatment for MH stuff for years by private doctor.  I am being treated for DMII and OSA by the VA and by private doctor.  However, none of them will go out on a limb and say the DMII or MH issues was secondary cause of OSA.  This is what I need for my OSA potential claim.   I also have High Blood but VA will not opine that it is cause or effect of DMII or CAD due to AO.   I have not worried about it because I have TDIU and HB.  I would like to get the High Blood and the OSA SC'ed but am not willing to pay $5000.  I would fly out to Ellis Clinic I think.  I first heard of Ellis Clinic from OWCP claimant who got what they call Schedule Award (cash) for injuries to his hands and feet.  Much more than I got because my doctor would not stick his neck out one inch but did say some injuries I have were work-related when I worked for USPS.  This did create problems for me later with conflicts between VA and OWCP.   That would fill a book.

When you get benefits from various programs it always has potential for problems as causes get intertwined and programs point finger at other programs to pay for the damage.  The thing is most of us need at least SSD and VA to pay 100% to actually survive.  $3000 a month from VA is not enough to support a family where I live.  $5000 will do it if you have no debts.

just goes to show Bash is just what I told you

he is old at the VA and never believe everything you read

on here because they are his friends. Too expensive and not a expert

witness but people choose to use him from what they here. Don't know

what type of IMO YOU NEED but I have a great one for TDIU,OR UNEMPLOYABLE

AND ITS JUST $500.00 . Never pay for services you have not gotten yet. Pay when he through

jmho. RU

RUREADY,

Thanks for the info! I need a IMO for my survivor benefits for the Base Defense Act.

I thought that a independent Medical Opinion would be the solution. And I have to admit, I was very wrong.

Cheers!

Kathy

kmix, not sure this is what you are referring  too but her

is a link I ran across don't know much about them but it might

give you a start

http://defensebaseactlawfirm.com/obtaining-medical-care/

here is another if wrong disregard

https://www.dol.gov/owcp/dlhwc/ExplainingDBA.htm

Edited by RUREADY
  • HadIt.com Elder

Sorry for not picking up on this topic but Dr Bash has had a death in the family and is getting the Estate's affairs in order. Keep trying to contact him and you folks facing deadlines, contact me via PM or Send a message to benefitsagent@comcast.net.