VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU and Income Statements

Hi all,

I've been receiveing TDIU for about 5 years and I recently came across your article: " 6 Reasons to Keep Pursuing VA Claims and Appeals – AFTER you reach 100%".  I've never received an "income statement" nor a request for one.  My income has, in that time, been only VA benefits and SSDI.  Common sense says to leave well enough alone because I don't want to trigger a C&P exam that might result in a reduction in benefits when nothing has changed with my condition anyways.  I think it's VA Form 21-527....but since I've never received one....I'm not sure.  Should I just continue as I've been doing, or actually print out the form and start sending it in annually? Also, in E-Benefits, it says that there is "no request for documents"

Thanks! :smile:

From your site: Link

"...When a Veteran is awarded TDIU, there is no guarantee that TDIU 100% will last forever. In fact, if the Veteran does not submit the annual income statements, or if the VA gets evidence that the Veteran is engaged in substantially gainful employment, the VA could reduce the Veteran’s rating to the combined rating in place prior to the TDIU grant..."

Why take the chance of receiving a VA Notice of Reduction for failure to Submit the IU Income Document, especially if your employment/income hasn't changed or risen above the VA SGI of $12,400.

When you review the VA Reg regarding the 2140, the IU Vet is responsible for submitting it each year within 30 or 60 days of his IU Anniversary Date. Failure to submit, is grounds for a VA IU Reduction, back to your Combined SC Comp level of payment. The Form takes less than 10min to complete, why risk a fight, who needs the grief.

Semper Fi

Thank you for the great responses, the DAV line was busy all day so I'll try Monday so I get the right information on which form and whether they have been sending these forms on my behalf.  Many thanks!