VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

St. Petersburg VARO processing time

Rate this question

floridanurse

Question

Anyone ever deal with the St. Pete VARO.... I just had all c&p exams and they are complete on myhealthevet.  Any guess as to when I will get rated? also, after they rate you, how long before retro pay? Does monthly benefit come before retro or vice versa.  Everyone has been amazing on this site.  Thanks to all for your advice.  So far I have been told 100% for PTSD, 10% for right ankle and 10% for tinnitus.... the c&P examiner also said that my bladder condition was secondary to PTSD/MST.  Do they rate secondary conditions?

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, I have been dealing with St. Pete VARO for many years.  Never trust them!  They are one of the worst VARO's in the nation.   All are bad, but they are truly awful because of huge vet population here in Florida.  I have seen those bastards make a woman vet in a wheelchair break down and cry.  When you ask for your claim file they will give you about half of it in a jumbled mess.  I asked them for my father's VA records 6 months ago.  Now they say I am filing a claim and they are treating my request for my father's VA records as a claim of some sort.   If there is a way to screw you out of a dime they will do it.   Never give them anything original  and always hand deliver stuff to them and get it date stamped because they will lose it.  I am sorry you have to deal with those assholes but if you live close you can deal with them face to face.  Then you have to be nice.  You can curse them to hell in your mind but keep smiling.  The only people worse to me is BCMR.   They are prime bastards and sons of bitches. 

• HadIt.com Elder

I did not answer your question but if you have had all your C&P exams if should not be too long.  They should rate secondary conditions but you usually have to claim them and show medical evidence to make the connection.  I have many secondary conditions to agent orange DMII.  I had to prove every one of them with medical evidence.  Are you able to work?  This will determine your PTSD rating.  Did you break down and cry at your PTSD exam.  If you did that is good.   The worse off you appear the better off you are to the VA.   In summer I advise dirty hair, flip flops,  look like coming off 5 day drunk and maybe drink 10 cups of coffee before you get to exam.  I had so many exams over the years for mental health issues I know when they are trying to lead me down the garden path.  You don't talk about your childhood, teenage years or anything before the military.  I am Vietnam vet so they tried to tell me I had personality disorder when I first had an exam in 1972.  I got my P&T but it took 30 years.   If they ask leading questions watch out!  They want to blame your current problems on events either before or after military service.   The VA are the biggest whores in the world because they have screwed millions of veterans.  You can tell I am not a happy camper.  My generation really got hammered.

Yes I have already had all of my C&P exams.  I uploaded my PTSD one, look at my other posts... I was just wondering how long it takes to hear a decision. I had the C&P exams on Thurs August 11 2016

Yeah, St. Pete VA is the pits. I don't know if it's much better, but I'd try to get with Tampa's VA, even if means moving. St. Pete was the pits to live in too. It's just a long drive over the Howard Franklin bridge away. I feel your pain. 

• HadIt.com Elder

I would keep my eye on bank account.  Often the money hits the bank before the actual rating.   I bet you will have a decision within 6 weeks.  I am guessing but usually after C&P they work pretty fast. 

This really depends of the results of your eventual ratings.   If you get all you dared hope for then I stick with 6 weeks.  If you don't get it then 18 months to two years to get DRO Hearing or a couple of

years to go to BVA traveling board.  Like I say if you get 100% rating and your rating is not p&t  and/or they have not given written consideration to "S" I would appeal it .    I did when denied Chapter 35.

By the time they get around to looking at your appeal a year will have passed and if you are not working or tap dancing you should get P&T rating which is important benefit.

I don't know John999 buit I will second everything he has said here. I waited 4 years on my claim, I gave up  and moved to the Czech Republic to be close to my son. Two weeks after I arrived in the CZ I received my award. Dealing with the St Pete Regional Office is a nightmare. All I can say is pray a lot and wait. I had been waiting 1 year for my appeal hearing when they decided to look at my case again and the claim was finally approved after 4 years. Good luck, be patient and hang in there, but don't give them an inch, stay on them, keep asking questions, they probably won't answer but they will know you are watching and never expect to reach anyone by phone without leaving a  voice mail.. I guess tghey aren't taught how to answer a phone only how to check voice mail.