VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Work in Progress (Ebenefits)

Rate this question

Muffin

Question

Hello everyone just signed in to Ebenefits to track my claim.  I noticed that Ebenefits has add a new entry.  I was just checking the status of my claim which is currently in prep for decision phase. I then clicked on the estimated completion time which is highlighted in blue 08/28/2016-10/28/2016.  Then I noticed this information popped up. I am scared to click on it because it looks like it will even extend or delay  my decision out even further.  So guys could you take a look at this and tell me what do you think?

Ebenefits.PNG

Edited by Muffin
typos

3 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Muffin said:

Hello everyone just signed in to Ebenefits to track my claim.  I noticed that Ebenefits has add a new entry.  I was just checking the status of my claim which is currently in prep for decision phase. I then clicked on the estimated completion time which is highlighted in blue 08/28/2016-10/28/2016.  Then I noticed this information popped up. I am scared to click on it because it looks like it will even extend or delay  my decision out even further.  So guys could you take a look at this and tell me what do you think?

Ebenefits.PNG

Muffin; If you check the box that indicates you have submitted all your documents, I think they will process it quicker instead of VA waiting 60 days to see if you submit more documents.  So actually, they should be able to process it quicker...jmho...tom

I agree wtih Thomas.  Checking this box and submitting means that you have submitted all your evidence, please rate your claim on "what they have".    If you have no new evidence, then you should check that box and submit.  

However, as many times as I say this, people continue to rely on ebenefits when they should not.  Its inaccurate, often not up to date, and has very limited purposes.  Some Vets advocates recommend NOT checking ebenefits, and simply ignoring it.  Yes, I know you are anxious to find out your result.  We all are.  

You should get a hobby and wait for the decision, and then decide on a course of action, unless you have new evidence to submit.