VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tinnitus C&p

Rate this question

dougbo1943

Question

Last wed. I went for a hearing and tinnitus C&P. I was asked if I had tinnitus all the time or if it came and went. I answered that it was intermittly. I also stated I had to have the TV on at night so I could sleep. The TV masked the ringing in my ears so I could sleep. I also asked if she could let me know when she switched ears so I would not answer on the ringing in my ears. She did let me know what ear she was on. Also let each tone go 4 times so I could tell what was hers and not the ringing in my ears. I had a hard time when she masked one ear with noise. My hearing lost is SC. It is rated as mild to severe in both ears. I don't expect any comp for hearing lost but hope to get it for tinnitus.

Gunny

Edited by dougbo1943

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

dougbo1943:

I went today for tinnitus c & p. Was yours done at the V.A. hospital or a civilian office? I also stated I had the tv on to drown out the ringing/hissing noise. I told the girl asking the questions that my ringing is constant for 36 years. As many have said on Hadit there is no way to physically check for tinnitus. I`m guessing your mos and exposure to a lot of combat noise, flight deck jobs or machinest can help in a positive decision. Keep me posted on your results and I`ll do the same. I also have claims in for gerd/barretts/hiatal hernia as secondary to PTSD.

Cavman

jstacy

Thanks, I will get a copy as soon as I can. I may wait untill after Jan 10 as I have 3 C&P's that date.

Cavman

My C&P was done at the Dallas VA hospital. I served 20 years in the Marines. My first 4 was as a machine gunner. My last 16 was in aviation. I also flew as a gunner (.50 cal) on the CH-46 in Vietnam. Between the machine guns and Jet noise I started to show hearing lost in 1965. I was releived of all flight line duties the last 3 years in service due to hearing lost. I also have been told by mental heath at Dallas VA that I have a good case of PTSD. The mental heath Dr. asked if I had put in for PSTD. I told her no. She thought I should so I did. I don't expect much as I still hold a good job. I fight to hold my temper at my job but it is hard. I have GERD also, but don't know how to connect it to service.

Every thing I have done so far I have learned from HADIT.

Gunny

• HadIt.com Elder

On my AU-Test results show normal through 3000Hz dropping to a mild high frequency sensorineural hearing loss. Is this enough to get a rating for hearing loss. I am positive for tinnitus and military exposure.

I took the hearing test at a university that is next door to the VAMC in Tampa, Florida.

John999

The below is my hearing test. It does not rate even rate 10%. You have to be almost deaf to get any %.

That is why I hope to get tinnitus ratingof 10%

Freq. 250 500 1000 1500 2000 3000 4000 6000 8000

R/H 15 10 10 25 25 55 75 85 85

L/H 15 10 10 35 35 75 75 90 90

Word Recognition

PBMAX LEVAL MASKING PI/PB

R/H 100% 70 50 -

L/H 100% 70 50 -

See CFR 38 4.85 to plot this out, it will come to 0% for hearing lost

John999

The below is my hearing test. It does not rate even rate 10%. You have to be almost deaf to get any %.

That is why I hope to get tinnitus ratingof 10%

Freq. 250 500 1000 1500 2000 3000 4000 6000 8000

R/H 15 10 10 25 25 55 75 85 85

L/H 15 10 10 35 35 75 75 90 90

Word Recognition

PBMAX LEVAL MASKING PI/PB

R/H 100% 70 50 -

L/H 100% 70 50 -

See CFR 38 4.85 to plot this out, it will come to 0% for hearing lost

Gunny

Edited by dougbo1943