VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got my rating...when do I get paid?

Rate this question

Plumbob

Question

I checked Ebenefits on Thursday and had received my rating of 70% with 3 conditions being deferred for now. I retired from active duty 1 June, so I know I got some retro pay coming. Will I get paid a normal payment 1 Sept and the retro sometime in the future, or how does this work? I am out of town now, but guessing the letter will be in my mail when I get back this weekend. 

Thanks for any help

1 answer to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
On 8/23/2016 at 4:05 PM, Plumbob said:

I checked Ebenefits on Thursday and had received my rating of 70% with 3 conditions being deferred for now. I retired from active duty 1 June, so I know I got some retro pay coming. Will I get paid a normal payment 1 Sept and the retro sometime in the future, or how does this work? I am out of town now, but guessing the letter will be in my mail when I get back this weekend. 

Thanks for any help

Congratulations on your service to our country and also on your win!

It might be the 1st, but it is hard to say. The award letter might indicate when.

If the VA has your direct deposit info, check your bank account daily. The retro payment may arrive as a separate deposit without any warning.