VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waiting on Biospy?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder
On 9/1/2016 at 3:10 PM, broncovet said:

Congratulations, Buck!  Good health is worth much more than money.  NOw take care of your health, and the days or years God has given you.  

Thanks broncovet, and I do need to start taking better care of myself. (We all Do)

start my diet and exercise routine ...as soon as I get cleared from cardiac.  going to try to start walking the mornings like I use to do.  if my knee arthritis ain't to bad  usually in the AM I can walk 

I have to admit it did scare the shi** out out of me eh!

The Dr said in her opinion  it was from a scar tissue that I had scrape or bit that part of my tongue during sleep or that my tongue run up against teeth  causing the liaisons, I go to the Dentist the 8th  for fillings 

but yes I was Happy when she came in the examining room and let me know.

for some reason or another its gone now and my tongue is not sore anymore.

My son shared with me a "secret stretch" that helps with knee issues.    He says many people's knee problems are from sitting too much time..and muscles become weak from that.  To strengthen those muscles, do what I call a "firehydrant maneuver".  You get on all fours, hands and knees, and raise your leg if you were a dog trying to take a leak on a firehydrant.   This is a muscle we almost never use, that becomes weak from sitting long periods.  

Also, the second exercise to help knees is you stand next to the wall, and put your toes up on the baseboard, with your heel still on the ground.  Then pull forward and you can feel the stretch in your lower legs.  Repeat that stretch for the other foot.  

These stretches have helped my knees and mobility an amazing amount.  

• HadIt.com Elder

haha  broncovet you want my wife to think I am crazy as a bed bug...eh!

I do sit in my recliner a way to much  hours  a day.

I can walk in the mornings  6:00/6:30am around daylight...my knees are ok until about mid afternoon, I take pain meds before I go walk and eat a piece of toast drink 1/2 cup coffee. I'm usally ok.

Its just hard to get out and get going  but once I do I do feel a lot better  so exercising helps tremendously.

We  have a swimming a pool and I need to use it for my knees /walk against the current  ect,,ect,,  so says the Dr's 

I use to walk a fast walk 3 miles every morning within 45 minutes or so,at a park where most of the Police Dept  patrol officers walk/run to stay in shape, but got side track somehow this year and stopped and gained a lot of weight in my mid section, I have a 38  waist   255lbs oppsed to a 34 waist and 175lbs...I need to lose at least  80 to 100'bs 6'3  but now I'  6'1 I got shorter for some strange reason?

I am consider Morbid Obease...:huh: :(

Anyhow Thanks for the tips.

Edited by Buck52