VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nuclear Medicine!!!

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Damn Gastone  you are lucky to be alive today, yes I agree  some times the test/pictures won't catch everything. Did they do the groin heart catheter?   you had the build up of CAD and they could not see that?

sorry to hear you had to have the BY PASS Surgery  but at least your still here, my spouse had the same type surgery in 05  it hit her the same way it did you but she started having pain in her back around the bra line started from the front and radiated around through her Back and they did a Nuc Test on her and  after they would not let her go home  she had the heart surgery in 3 days

I dread the groin heart catheter test eh!  I have to trust the VA Health Care System..its all I got.

I ask the Dr yesterday if I could do the treadmill test  he said its my option  but he recommended the Nuc test  and gave his reason, if I have to stop the treadmill test b/c you run out of breath  then we have to wait an hour or two and start all over  or you can do the Nuc test..and said the Nuc test is sooo much faster and pretty accurate....so I said lets Rock & Roll  with the Nuclear!

I got an appointment with cardiology Oct 13th   until then they put me on some type of cholesterol and aspirin regiment .

Edited by Buck52

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Heart Cath, either thru the Femoral Artery in the goin or more recently availabe thru the wrist, is what the Heart Dr's call the "Gold Standard," for DXing Heart conditions.

I misspoke earlier, I had to wait until the following Monday to have the Heart Cath, after-which I had the Quad BP procedure.

I saw my PCP about 5pm the day of my Nuc Stress test, he said I had to go home and wait til he could hook me up with a Cardiologist the following week. I had to nix that idea, told him I was in business and couldn't be setting around for a week. He told me to go to the ER and complain of heavy chest pressure and shortness of breath.

That's what I did, only problem, the ER started a Heart Attack Protocol. That's why I had to wait til Monday for the Cath, so I guess I saved a couple days. If a Heart Attack would have happened, better to be in the Hospital already, right.

Ended up spending 2 weeks in the hospital and couldn't return to work till about June. Did the Cardiac Rehab program which really helped. Real problem was difficulty sleeping and not being able to lift over 5 lbs, for about 3 months.

You can't believe how fast your strength and musculature leaves the building. Takes a long time to get it and your endurance back.

Within 2 yrs I was DX'd with SA Secondary to the CAD, Bam, Nexus.

Semper Fi