VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question about Meds?

Rate this topic

Also to your point about concern that getting off or lessening the amount you take appearing to those reviewing your records that you're feeling better when that may not be the case.  I have reduced to the minimum amount of meds for my condition not because I'm doing well but because any increase creates horrible side effects for me, and this includes any of the multitude of alternative meds I've tried. I make sure that all of my side effects are noted in my records because I do not want to leave open for interpretation why my med dosages are low.   

I agree with broncovet that it is your decision. Regarding writing patient refused meds, make sure the clinician notes why you did. 

You are absolutely doing the right thing being so proactive about your health. No one will take as much care of it as you. 

Best of luck! 

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks bronco & others

I'll do some research!

• HadIt.com Elder

My old VA shrink that retired some years ago told me to try and not take all the psychoactive drugs the VA was prescribing me as a matter of course.  I agree with all suggestions for drug increases.  Then I decide what I will or will not take.  If I took all 17 drugs the VA has prescribed for me I would not be able to walk.  However,  I do believe that the VA thinks if you are not taking medications for your condition they you are well.   Just like they believe if you are not getting treatment at the VA you have recovered or improved.  Catch 22.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well I'm not going to see the Pharmacist  (Although she is One Hot Beautiful  Woman)..I think I'LL just leave it alone at this time  in fear they may pull my pain meds.

I Research  the meds I need to be careful with  but I'll still get them....its coming but I'll wait until that day comes for them to pull me off my pain meds.