VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Haven't Received Clothing allowance for 2016

Rate this question

Grunt509

Question

Hello folks,

I just wanted to see if anyone else is having the same issues I am. I turned in my paperwork for the clothing allowance in June of this year. I was early since I thought I would have been moved by now. Generally, the VAMC I got to is very quick about it. In the years past, I would receive the pay in the last week of August. I know, count yourself luck.

I started poking my nose into the issue. I was being told by prosthetics, "it is a nationwide problem. They are having trouble putting it in the system". So, I contacted the VA hotline. They have no idea what the VAMC is talking about. I think there may have been a change of guard the the hospital and the paperwork was not put in on 1 Aug like normal.

Since this is a nationwide problem, I figured I would ask to see if anyone is having the same issue.

Thanks for the input!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

This is what I am talking about Jef. These goobers (to put it nice) say it is nationwide. And ya'll got paid already. I think the dead line to put in the info was 1 Aug. They skipped it and are having problems. I had and easier time getting it before you had to file for it yearly. I always got paid between the 18th and the 28th of August. Oh well. The people at prosthetics have screwed up on stuff for me already. It is just another go around.

Thanks again!

I had to go to the prosthetic Chief a few years ago be cause I never got paid til the following February, the paperwork got lost as usual. Hope you get paid soon good luck!

That is the funny part, I am dealing with the Chief of prosthetics. I emailed him Friday asking if he had any luck putting in the info. He replied back... "the VBA say's they will be issuing the payments between 1 Oct and 31 Dec. He works for the VHA so he has no control over the payments". Now, that did not answer my question in any way, shape or form. I know he works for the VHA?! I have been dealing with the VA since 1994, I know who works for which. I thought Pittsburgh, PA system was bad. It seems like these guys here in WV are taking notes from them. It just seems like it has gotten worse since we had to file yearly. They want you to work hard for that second allowance payment.

Fun stuff. Thanks for listening to me gripe!