VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can you still get 100% for PTSD if you are working?

Rate this question

kent101

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

To the OP

if you have a 100%PTSD Rating  No your not suppose to be working  if you do the VA checks with SSD and finds your working you will be reduced  and maybe all the way back to 0%

Now if you have a Schedule 100% rating you can work and allowed so much workable income...but if your rated P&T then your treading on shallow waters  its like playing with fire so be careful.

jmo

............Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't put the cart before the horse..get rated first and then seewhat you get.

if you are working I doubt they will award the 100% or refer you to IU

On 9/21/2016 at 1:54 AM, Gastone said:

The C & P Psychiatrist/Psychologist PhD, only completes your FORENSIC EXAM DBQ and determines if you actually have a PTSD DX per the DSM V criteria. This is a FORENSIC Exam, any attempt to deceive would not look good. Over reporting of PTSD symptoms, as well as under-reporting, would hurt your claim.

As to the end SC %, that all up to the VA Rater. If your still working full time, for the most part, IU is currently off the table. You don't sound like your 100%, how fracked up are You?

Have you reviewed the 38 CFR 4, for PTSD Ratings? How do you think you measure up?

At the end of my 2010 PTSD C & P, I asked the VA Psychiatrist if I had PTSD, he answered yes. About a month later, I compared his completed DBQ with the 38 CFR. My Lay opinion was, 30% was a lock, maybe a 50%. 2 mos later, Award letter, indicating a 70% SC with an "Inferred IU Claim" pending. Shows what I know.

Semper Fi

My therapist diagnosed me with PTSD.

Edited by kent101

7 hours ago, Buck52 said:

To the OP

if you have a 100%PTSD Rating  No your not suppose to be working  if you do the VA checks with SSD and finds your working you will be reduced  and maybe all the way back to 0%

Now if you have a Schedule 100% rating you can work and allowed so much workable income...but if your rated P&T then your treading on shallow waters  its like playing with fire so be careful.

jmo

............Buck

I talked to a therapist at the Vet Center. I had the VA get the records from the Vet Center. It says on ebenefits "PTSD Confirmed, to USASCURR to confirm stressor". So I think they have confirmed my PTSD.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yep sounds good!

Kent:

YOu COULD be rated higher than you expect, but then again, you could win all 50 state lotteries at the same time, too.  

I dont think you have a thing to worry about getting too high of rating.  I bet millions of Vets would like your problem..most of us have been low balled, or, "no" balled.  

For example, I fought Va through a denial for hearing loss.  I won at the BVA...a "complete grant of benefit sought".  VARO decided "complete" meant a zero percent rating.  Trust me, I had no trouble with the VA "rating me too high".  

I have been low balled, and I have been "no" balled, as I explained.  But the only "hiball" I have ever got, is when I went into a bar with an old miltiary buddy.  He bought me a highball.