VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Seeking information on DRO Hearing & CFile

Rate this question

Wayne TX

Question

Q1  -  I am trying to get a general idea how long it is generally takes to be scheduled a DRO Hearing date for a NOD claim.  My hearing happens to be in Waco.   

Q2  -  Does anyone know the current rate of delay for receiving a CFile from whoever does the actual processing?  I read somewhere awhile back that it is running around 8-9 months......wondering if that still sounds about right - or perhaps longer?   Thanks for any replies to any of these questions individually, or answered together if possible.  

WayneTX.

Edited by Wayne TX

5 answers to this question

Q1  -  I am trying to get a general idea how long it is generally takes to be scheduled a DRO Hearing date for a NOD claim.  My hearing happens to be in Waco.

I filed my NOD in Nov 2012 and requested a DRO. My case was sent to Jansville even though I'm within the WACO VARO area.  I Received the SOC 9 Apr 2015....

...so about 29 months from filing the NOD to receiving the SOC.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Took me over a year to get my New CD ROM C-FILE.

About the time line on a NOD APPEAL FOR A DRO Hearing.

There been estmations on this  any where from 11 months to 5 years   depends on the work load and the amount of DRO's Waco has.

I had a DRO Hearing way back in 2002 and it was about 30 days on my NOD to hear back from Waco and they granted me  DRO Hearing and it was 3 months out...but its a lot different now...

I think broncovet had some estimations on the timeline from Waco Tx  R.O.for the DRO Hearings? not sure...I would just keep bugging them about  until they set you a date...if you let it go they think you forgot about it  so just keep pestering them  eventually the wil set you up a DRO Date.

IF He is still there Request Gary Hughs as your DRO just say you had heard nice things about him from fellow veterans..he is  COOL DUDE He was fairly young back then  its been 15 years ago  but hopefully he is still there   he is a common sense type guy and good old country boy.  he treated me with a lot of respect and listen to me during my hearing  I had the informal hearing & he Made me feel at ease...relaxed and comfortable.

He expedited my claim that day & gave me a thumbs up

Navy4life can tell you a Name of a DRO you don't want there in Waco Tx R.O.

JMO

.....................Buck

Great info from all of you...........Buck,I did not know you could ask for a specific DRO............If so. Gary Hughs sounds pretty good to me. 

Wayne TX

• HadIt.com Elder

Wayne,

It maybe to late to request a special DRO for your hearing, if you didn't request it in your NOD.?

When you requested the DRO Hearing, they give your case/evidence  to the DRO for him/Her to read over before the hearing.

However If I was you when you first get to Waco there will be people to assist you and tell you where you need to go, it will be a room where  a counter is and some chairs  like a big waiting room with clerks setting behind desk on computers, Ask at receptions if you can request a particular DRO name Gary Hughes that you had heard he was a great DRO and knew what he was doing  ect,,,ect,,  or if you with the DAV ask the VSO about it   It may have change a lot and if you already have a DRO assign to your case/claims  it maybe to late. but it don't hurt to ask  and if he is still there you could draw him..I hope you get him.   

.............Buck