VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&T!

Rate this topic

seejeremy

Hi everyone.  I have been 100% due to MDD, OSA and several other disabilities for a little over a year.  Recently I put in a request for increase on the MDD because I was advised to go part time at work and to prepare for the possibility of a residential treatment program.  Anyway, the VA kept my mental health rating at 70% and they made it permanent and total.  This now puts me at 100% P&T!  I'm still reading about things that the P&T rating brings with it.  Chapter 35 is huge because I have a 20 year old son and a soon to be 17 year old daughter.  Are there any other things that I should look into or be aware of with the P&T label?

Thanks to everyone that answered my questions.

If the MH 70% is the SC that got you the IU, do you have other SC's, that when totaled using the VA Math = 60% or above, a possible SMC S (1) $345 could be in the offing.

Does your state have a DAV 100% SC or IU Property Tax Exemption?

Are your kids on CHAMPVA? Did you get your DOD card for PX privileges?

I saved over $1K on 6 Disney World Tickets with the DOD Card Program.

Get educated on the VA "IL" Independant Living Program Benefits and requirements. Apply online at Eben with a Vocational Rehab application. Among many other benefits, a (1) time $6500 Grant is available to upgrade your Bath or other Residential safety needs.

Semper Fi

Check your E-Ben sight. In the Letters Section, there is a VA Letter listing all your SC's and a statement regarding your IU T & P status.

A redacted copy of your PTSD/MDD and IU DBQ would be insightful.

You may be 100% SC Scheduler, the MDD 70 & SA 50 gets you to 90% SC combined. What are your other SC's?

Semper Fi

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use