VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

E D secondary to PTSD

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

http://www.research.va.gov/currents/spring2015/spring2015-3.cfm

How Hard (no pun intended) is it to claim ED secondary to PTSD?

Do the MH Dr need to note this  or the PCP?  WHO?

According to this link?

Anybody know if its a 10% rating?

We dont know your PCP, so we dont know if she will help.  But, you need to seek treatment for ED for 2 reasons.

First, for your wife, and secondly for the money.  (SMC K). 

If you could do the Wild Monkey before the PTSD meds, and the Wild Monkey Dance is gone now, then that is a pretty obvious link.  

If you want compensation for SMC K, you need it documented.  So you should start with your PCP.  If your PCP does not have experience/does not treat ED, then you should ask for a referral to someone who does.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Well I'm not sure if she does treat it?she is  an( Internal Medicine Dr) she is very young and just finished her Internship in 2014 and became an MD  ..she has about 2 years as a MD at the VA.

and what makes this so hard for me to ask her she is a very attractive woman...now don't get me wrong  I'd never you know what  nor do I flirt or anything like that  she is single  but still.

I been thinking about asking her about this for a long time  but just never got up the damn nerve.

so since my MH Dr got me on these med's should I ask her?

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Can you guys just PM me  I don't think its appropriate for the lady members to see /read these post.

Thanks

...................Buck

Buck, I respect your concern for our Vet Sis's, but I kinda disagree with regards to preventing their reading our ED & Prostate Exam Posts. I think they really need to know what issues and concerns Men have.

With that said, unless VMC PCP DXing of ED has changed since 08, there aren't any clinical Tests or physical exams for ED. The DX is based strictly on ED symptoms reported by the Vet, an RX for the Pill, Pump or Injection can then be requested. If the Vet wants to see a VA Urologist, a PCP referral is necessary.

As I stated previously, I would advise the Vet get a DBQ from the VA Board Certified or Private Urologist, when claiming ED as a Secondary issue nexus'd to an SC condition or medication.

Old Guys (40+), don't live in fear of the "Finger!" Prostate Cancers Kill!  Get your PSA Levels checked yearly.

A Little Finger, humor Never Hurts.

Semper Fi

I agree and this topic has come up here for years and I don't think any of us females seemed upset about it at all.

years ago when I worked at a vet center, one of the PTSD vets wanted to talk to me privately and told me of his ED issues and that he didn't know what to do.

Luckily we had a PDR in the Team leader's office and I immediately showed him info there that one of his meds could cause the ED he had. He seemed a little relieved to know the med might be the culprit.But still said he didnt know what to do about it and I told him to definitely talk to his PCP about it.

he said "I could never do that! My VA doc is a woman!"

I reminded him he had just told his whole ED story to a woman (me) and I am not a doc and probably every VA doctor regardless of their sex is familiar with ED problems.No reason to ever be embarrassed at all.....

I did make a mistake here many years ago that I still regret-on this subject.

One of my former vet reps had explained to me the K award he got ,in detail,saying VA wanted to know if the organ 'bends',thus preventing intercourse.He said his did.(He spent more time telling me details of each of his SC conditions than even showing some interest in my claim (2003) saying it didn't have a chance.It was awarded by the BVA .)

Then a veteran here around this same time long ago,had asked a question here about how to approach his EED claim and I replied he should make sure to tell his doc that his penis bends when he attempts intercourse.

Of course I apologized to him when I realized I got the acronyms messed up But we all had a good laugh.

Gastone is right that women need to understand these issues.

Berta, can you contact your "Former Vet Rep," and tell him that in Gastone's Lay opinion, he should file for an SC Secondary for being a Perv, SMC XX.

Semper Fi