VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Went from prep of notice to prep of descion

Rate this question

load143

Question

What the heck just as I thought I was getting somewhere on Thursday it said prep for notice and that it would be completed 9/25. I just checked to see if maybe they happen to updat my rating or my letter and saw that it now went back to prep for descion!!! Ugh what the heck is going on does this happen all the time?? 

Just like everyone else has said, don't worry too much about it. I got word last Thursday (23rd) that I was at Prep for decision. Just found out today that it is pending decision approval. Keep your head up and think that you are almost there.

So update they found everything service connected but at a 0% rating so I'm still 90% but yet there's a check going in for a huge amount and I downloaded my award letter and it still says 90% but a different monthly check amount that's more then what I was getting.  The only smc is smc k1 

ok so an update. they service connected everything but with a 0% rating so im still at 90% they then gave me SMC K and SMC S what I dont understand is the SMC S why would i get that? my ratings break down is as follows

lumbar hypertrophy with degenerative disk disease, thoracolumbar muscle strain "with sciatic discomfort" 10% Service Connected

Disability Evaluation System (DES)

01/30/2013
traumatic brain injury (TBI) 40% Service Connected   12/16/2014

migraines (claimed as headaches)

30% Service Connected   09/30/2015

tinnitus

10% Service Connected   12/16/2014
allergic rhinitis (also claimed as voice problems, respiratory problems, and cyst sinus cavity) 10% Service Connected   09/30/2015
irritable bowel syndrome (claimed as bowel issues) 30% Service Connected

Environmental Hazard in Gulf War

09/30/2015
status post 5th right toe fracture (claimed as closed fracture, right toe) 0% Service Connected   01/20/2016
erectile dysfunction 0% Service Connected   01/20/2016
posttraumatic stress disorder 70% Service Connected

PTSD - Combat

07/04/2013

SM S is for 100% or TDIU  plus additional 60 % or more for an independent additional SC disability or for Housebound status.

But I dont get this.... if they gave you Zero for additional claims...why didn't they consider the SMC prior to this recent award?

What was the EED for the SMC award?