VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Went from prep of notice to prep of descion

Rate this question

load143

Question

What the heck just as I thought I was getting somewhere on Thursday it said prep for notice and that it would be completed 9/25. I just checked to see if maybe they happen to updat my rating or my letter and saw that it now went back to prep for descion!!! Ugh what the heck is going on does this happen all the time?? 

Bradley V Peake clarified this a lot but I am stuck on the word 'extraschedular' in your question.

Extraschedular is defined thus:

http://helpdesk.vetsfirst.org/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=1963

Did the VA ever consider you for SMC but deny it?

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Ms Berta

Here is what I mean by the ''Extra Scheduler''

you know them well I'm sure!

The old   (authority .38.U.S.C. 501)

38-416 (b)

(b) It is the established policy of the Department of Veterans Affairs that all veterans who are unable to secure and follow a substantially gainful occupation by reason of service-connected disabilities shall be rated totally disabled. Therefore, rating boards should submit to the Director, Compensation Service, for extra-scheduler consideration all cases of veterans who are unemployable by reason of service-connected disabilities, but who fail to meet the percentage standards set forth in paragraph (a) of this section. The rating board will include a full statement as to the veteran's service-connected disabilities, employment history, educational and vocational attainment and all other factors having a bearing on the issue.

[40 FR 42535, Sept. 15, 1975, as amended at 54 FR 4281, Jan. 30, 1989; 55 FR 31580, Aug. 3, 1990; 58 FR 39664, July 26, 1993; 61 FR 52700, Oct. 8, 1996; 79 FR 2100, Jan. 13, 2014]

so see the veteran don't need to be rated 100% with a schedule rating of 100%  if he don't have the 100%  & gets the TDIU with P&T

My question is since this is a mandatory rating for a veteran that don't meet the 100% with his  S.C. disability but also can't work because of it  then  with the Extra Scheduler rating under the 38  416 (b) ''

he is automatic got the 100% Rating with full benefits.

but in the CFR's this is not clear?

Now Before my rating of 70% PTSD

On my ratings with the 90% combined with TDIU P&T

being paid at the 100% rate with full benefits.

Now in my e benefits  it says under rating disability's

All''incurred disability's from Vietnam are Service Connected and Veteran is 100% Permanent & Total with SMC-S 1

But I don't know how to tell another veteran this?

I hope I am right about a 90% veteran getting  TDIU with P&T is actually 100% and if he has  another separate S.C. Disability that would render a 60% rating  he should be inferred to the SMC-S by mandatory rating system and meeting the SMC Special Rating table they use to figure out the %

Yes, they should consider SMC S if they award the separate SC  60% rating..., based on what you posted...I didn't realize this is for someone else...