VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exam outsourced - How to get results

Rate this question

Penelope

Question

I had a C & P done recently., which was outsourced and not done at a VA facility.  When I called the toll free number, they told me that I need to make a written FOIA request.  They also said that the results of the exam have already been uploaded.  I would like to get my copy of the results as soon as possible and would drive down to the St. Petersburg Office to get them, but I am not getting any results trying to find out where the Release of Information Office is in St. Petersburg.  Your thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I recently read in a current VA Best Practices C & P Examiners (VA Dr, Contract DR or Outsourced Exam) TL (Training Letter), that a copy of the completed C & P DBQ was to be provided to the Vet at the time of the Exam, if requested.

Your situation, being after the Outsourced Exam will probably, as you've found out, be more difficult. Have you contacted the Outsource Agency and requested a copy of your C & P DBQ? Just because it's been "Uploaded to the VA," a copy exists in their records and should be available to you, upon an in person or written request. Non Govt businesses or Agencies are not governed by the FOIA.

At this point, filing a VA FOIA request for you VA C-File is going to take 12+ mos. You could attempt to avail yourself of a personal Viewing of your C-File at the St P RO. Your supposed to be able to do a Walk-in at the RO, View your C-File 1st come, 1st served, even have pages of interest copied while your there.

I recently tried it at my Det RO, Front Desk aren't aware of the VA Reg, you have to make an appointment so the RO can assign a VA Employee to stand by your side while your viewing the file. You also have to make them aware of your intent to request certain pages be copied.

Do you have a VSO-Rep, with an HQ Office at your RO? Contact the MFIC of your VSO and discuss your need for the copy of your DBQ.

Semper Fi

I went to the RO this morning and talked to ROI.  They can't do anything other than fill out a form to request the papers and suggested I go to my VSO.  I went down there and she was able to read it to me.   I am very disappointed in the waste of time doing the exam and not being able to obtain copies so that I can understand what is going on.
Very frustrating, but as my husband reminded me, "The system hasn't gotten any better in the last 20 years."

Gastone, thanks for your reply.