VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU Granted

Rate this question

Guest L

Question

Hi - Just want to let everyone know there is hope if your claim is stalled. They are working at the Houston RO. 

I got a call from DRO today, and told me I was granted IU with back pay. (PTSD/MST Rape & ATT Murder) 

I have my Navy retirement too,  so I think this is the end of the road for me as far as claims go. 

I will continue to pray for adjudication with other claims. This was exhausting. 

Graduating in 72 days with my BS in Criminology- Thanks Voc Rehab. 

On October 5, 2016 at 9:44 AM, L said:

Addendum - received the paperwork today for the above grant - it is P & T - Thanks Hadit!  I took the advice and put a written letter in stating " Respectfully request my rating and IU decision being made at this time be granted P & T with this decision  ...... " or words to that effect. Even though I did not get an increase at least I know that the one I have is  " Permanent" 

Paying it forward. 

I am still new to the IU PT process. I was tired after winning the six year battle to get service connection for my TBI. Now my primary VA doctor said he believes I should be PT for my TBI rated at 70% at the least after six years of my initial C&P it has remained unchanged. So I filed for an increase for my headaches since I get them daily and have been seeking treatment from my Va doctors for the last three months which was rated at 0%.

right foot strain (claimed as right foot contusion)
10%
Service Connected
07/12/2010

left index strain, residual of avulsion fracture left index finger
0%
Service Connected
07/12/2010

scar tracheostomy due to ventilator dependence
30%
Service Connected
07/12/2010

residuals of traumatic brain injury with cognitive disorder, short term memory losses/lapses, difficulty sleeping, problem solving with PTSD (to include cerebral contusion with diffuse axonal injury to bilateral frontal and temporal lobes)
70%
Service Connected
07/12/2010

Tinnitus 
10%
Service Connected
07/12/2010

dizziness and lightheadedness 
30%
Service Connected
05/25/2016

headaches 
0%
Service Connected
07/12/2010

left shoulder impingement syndrome with supraspinatus tendinitis (claimed as dislocation of left shoulder with popping)
20%
Service Connected
07/12/2010

Individual Unemployability
10/24/2016
NEW
Headaches
09/05/2016
INC

APPEAL Active

Deep Vein Thrombosis (claimed As Blood Clots In Left Leg)
08/19/2016
REP
Basilar Skull Fracture (claimed As Neck Fracture)
08/19/2016
REP

New Claims

Fracture(s) Pelvis
NEW
Ptsd (post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
NEW

Temporary Total Disability
NEW

It has been expedited since I have lost my 5 job in 1 year and have lost insurance for my pregnant wife. I have been service connected for my PTSD but I seeking a seperate rating from my TBI, I am at 90% with all my 8 issues. So do I have to ask in writing to be PT my appt is on Dec 4? My  VA doctors have written me doctors notes to print off Ebenefits and of course I have hospital records but I am still nervous. My doctor says no worries I have looked up your doctor your case should be easy to show its perment.

Edited by jfrei