VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

UPDATE: TDIU CLIM

Rate this question

missunderstood

Question

Well I just wanted to give an update of what has since happened with my NOD/ APPEAL claim. I got a call from the Office of the VA Secretary yesterday in reference to the email i sent them about my claim status. Well I am not surprised (you may not be either if you know my story) to report that they told me that my NOD was either invalid or expired. Ha Ha Ha....They tried it. I have yet to receive the official letter in the mail as they just closed this out yesterday as that being the explanation. They stated that it was expired because my claim was fully developed and there was no decrease in my ratings for my claim that was filed in December 2012 for the PTSD and Back pain. I was never disputing  the December 2012 claim I filed the NOD and TDIU for the claim that was closed out in June 2014 for increase in the PTSD and back pain in which they denied those claims for increase. They also stated something along the lines of that they believed i only filed and was concerned with the IU (which is true). However they cancelled the IU claim because of the open appeal. Well this all seems like a big cluster fart. I am not fretting and I have gotten my C -file ordered. My VSO , Texas Veterans Commission, believes that I should win my TDIU claim based on my file (We spent 2 hours going over the codes and evidence that is in my C-file line by line) my whole case being  as he put it " really complicated" . At this point all i really care about is getting the IU approved and having it back dated to at least the date that I filed the original one in August 2012. The VSO said that they will represent me if I choose to file a CUE and that they have been pretty successful in the past. I guess at this point I am just waiting to hear back from the VA Secretary's Office to see where we go from here. I have all of my documentation ready and now I wait. I was going to send in the quick claim but I dont want them to not get my full SSA record before making the decision. I also dont know if its better to get an attorney or let TVC handle it.

2 hours ago, missunderstood said:

under which tab would that be located? Ebenefits does not even show this claim in the archives or anything yet. The only way I knew was because i checked my bank account and saw the pending backpay deposit and then ebenefits shows that I am at a combined 100%.

They also awarded me with SMC-S. Not sure what it is because I am still awaiting the letter but Yay....I guess!

Got to va letters and then choose generate benefits letter, I think it is the first choice......it will give you boxes you can check to include on the letter, if there is a box that says you are permanently and totally disabled due to your service connected disabilities then you are PT.   Also on the letters page there will be an option to print a commissary letter if you are PT.