VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What to do now Filling for increase, DBQ help

Rate this question

Mikey

Question

Hello all, I'm having a hard time finding a Dr willing to fill out VA DBQ forms. Va docs will not fill out I've seen two private orthopedic Dr's. They are to busy to fill out they say. I'm rated 10% each R/L hip bilateral coxa vara, 10% osteoarthritis right knee, 10% osteoarthritis of lumbar spine. My conditions have worsened docs recommend PT, I do twice a week have received shots for pain no relief. My other question the coxa vara was documented prior to enlistment, fit for duty, aggrevated and documented throughout enlistment also at ETS physical. According to AR 40-501 coxa vara is a condition listed. I've been asked by VA Dr how I was even able to join the ARMY.  Waiver I suppose.  Also the two private docs looked at Mri done 6 yrs ago at Va and noticed torn meniscus, patella something, on knee, scoliosis, herniated discs, alot more things with my back can't remember right now. My hips are uneven causing the domino effect. I'd like to get the increase in what I have now before I submit other secondary claim.Getting frustrated with everyday pain.  

Edited by Mikey
More information about this

2 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Hello all, I'm having a hard time finding a Dr willing to fill out VA DBQ forms.

Mikey, I have a friend in the same boat.    He filed a claim with the VA requesting a C&P.

C&P was scheduled, Dr. completed the DBQ...VA granted his increase to 100%PT

Thomas

I did an intent to file in August with a VSO, she gave me forms to get filled out, but could not tell or give opinions as to who will fill them out. Does my primary dr request c&p or do I?