VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Claim Approved

Rate this topic

Schnoodlesam

I would like to thank everyone on the PTSD and TDIU forums for helping me reach my 100% rating.  My story began in 1975 when I was in AIT.  I was the only female in my unit and my DI thought he could take advantage of that fact.  I was sexually assaulted and tortured by this man for 8 weeks.  I told no-one.  The reason for mentioning these facts is to let other veterans suffering from MST know that there is hope no matter how many years have passed.  I received my 100% award 41 years and 15 days after my assault began.  I suffered with nightmares and flashbacks for all of those years.  I worked and provided a decent living for myself until March of this year when I was finally forced to take a medical retirement.  I am 63 and just had 2 more years to make it to retirement.  In 2014 I joined a PTSD Support Group.  For the first time I was able to tell my story.  My peers encouraged me to file a claim and I finally did.  My symptoms became much worse the more I opened up and I ended up losing my job.  The reality is I would have lost my life if I had not have met these amazing women.  My life is finally turning around and I am learning to control my anger and feel as though I deserve to live.  I never believed that anyone would believe my story after all of those years.  The person that investigated my claim uncovered some conversatIons that I had  with a Chaplin.  He had noted in my file that he thought I had been sexually assaulted even  though I never said those words.  I was amazed at how thorough this investigation was.  Please forgive my rambling, I just want others to know that there are claims personnel that really work hard to give us the benefits we deserve.  I spent hours reading the Had It forums to keep my self encouraged during the waiting time.  Thank you all so much for the support!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use