VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Game over

Rate this question

Andyman73

Question

4th and long, line up the FG, from the opposite 45 yd line.  Kick is up and is going to go the distance,  crosswind takes it off the upright, kick is no good.  Clock runs out, game over.

NOVA lawyer called and said after looking over some of my documents, she won't/can't help me. 

Maybe it really is just all in my head, and not actual reality. 

Berta,

Thanks, but I'm going to take a break from the lawyers, too.  I gave them a brief overview, via emails, and the basic run down on my MH C&P exam farce.

Haven't been to therapy long enough to keep the emotions out of the equation,  I can't handle that right now, just don't know how....and sure don't want to go back to the bottle, either. Gonna stick it back in the closet with my other skeletons for some future rainy day.

I finally opened the packet from the NOVA lawyer, it had my C-file and SMR docs that I had dropped off with them.  On the top of the pile was a letter from them saying that they will not being helping me with this as per phone conversation...which was to say same, they won't be helping me.  Beyond that, no other info as to why.  When I had talked to her on the phone I got the distinct feeling that no one there had actually looked through my info, beyond a cursory glance, so when i asked why not, she couldn't give me a real answer.  That sure makes one feel good.

I asked my wife about contacting Dr Ellis's clinic.  Boy that was a bad idea...she sank that "Battleship" faster than you can say "B-4"! Went full on Nuclear on that boat!  Then she told me that I was ___(insert favorite negative descriptor here) unintelligent to even think or have such a nerve to ask something like that. Whew barely escaped intact from that!

So back to the mine with my teaspoon to keep digging...

If you believe in yourself strong enough, you will find the will to carry on.

Nothing good that I've ever gotten out of this life has ever come easy.

22 hours ago, 63Charlie said:

If you believe in yourself strong enough, you will find the will to carry on.

Nothing good that I've ever gotten out of this life has ever come easy.

Yeah, if I did, I wouldn't have such MH issues, I suppose.