VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exams for Feet/Ankles/Toe and scars for appeal overturned!

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

So on Monday I had my C&P exams for my feet/ankles/toe and scars.  I think it went rather well and the doctor was thorough.  These C&P exams were ordered on September 8th, 2016 by the DRO in WACO after she over turned the other DRO's decision.  She ordered the C&P exams so I could get a proper rating on my contentions.  She over turned the DRO's decision due to his egregious errors in my decision that I brought to the attention of Mr. Robert McDonald's office and my local Congressman.  After getting the representative from McDonald's office to contact me and then to get the WACO office to contact me, I sit here today awaiting the decision I should have had years ago.  I am grateful the new DRO reviewed the decision that the previous DRO made and over turned it.  The DRO that made the egregious errors in my decision has apparently done this to other Veterans.  I hope they investigate this DRO.  I am thankful I did not have to go another 2-4 years to the BVA to appeal a decision due to the egregious errors by one DRO.  I am grateful the new DRO assigned saw the egregious error and reversed the decision at the RO level.

I did talk to the DRO on Wednesday and she said she received the scar C&P exam but not yet received the Foot/Ankle/Toe C&P exam.  She said it shouldn't be too long and then she can rate me.  I am so anxious right now!

Buck;

im hoping for 20% on the scars and bi-lateral ratings for both the feet and the ankles. I talked to my friend at the VA and she can see my CnP for both the feet and ankles and I thin it sounds very good. I'm hopeful that this will all be behind me this week!

im still waiting on my other claim to be decided as well. 

Thabknyou for the replies and oh I just talked to John and he said go do something to take my mind off this lol

UPDATE!!!  The DRO just called me and told me my ratings!!!  I am so thrilled!  I can't believe it!  She gave me 20% for the right foot metatarsal; 10% right ankle sprain; 10% Morton's Nueroma left toe; increased left ankle scar from 0% to 10%; 0% for right foot scar (not sure about that but...); gave me 100% temp conv for 5 months on my right foot; SMC-S for 5 months; 4.8% bi-lateral rating.

She granted me 80% back to 2013 and then 90% overall as of September 2016!!!

I just started another thread about back pay questions :)

I am so glad I got this accomplished!

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations Navy4life

About time you got some good news!

I am happy for you.

Isn't a wonderful feeling to read that.:tongue:

Navy4life, congratulations, that is outstanding,  I commend you on not giving up!  I am also at 90%, just awarded 20% for fibromyalgia, 10% for gerd,  and I have a NOD in disputing lupus rating since I'm in and out of the hospital monthly with severe flares,  so hopefully 100% soon,  that's why I haven't been on forum as much but I have been feeling better so will be on alot more hopefully.  Congrats again!! 

Flores;

I hope you feel better soon!  I won't get to 100% unless I have another 50-70% and that isn't happening for me.  I am very good with 90%.  I thought I would be 80% but I got 90% plus all the other stuff she did for me.  I am over the moon! 

I hope you get what you deserve!

Thank you,  Navy4life! And again congratulations!