VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exams for Feet/Ankles/Toe and scars for appeal overturned!

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

So on Monday I had my C&P exams for my feet/ankles/toe and scars.  I think it went rather well and the doctor was thorough.  These C&P exams were ordered on September 8th, 2016 by the DRO in WACO after she over turned the other DRO's decision.  She ordered the C&P exams so I could get a proper rating on my contentions.  She over turned the DRO's decision due to his egregious errors in my decision that I brought to the attention of Mr. Robert McDonald's office and my local Congressman.  After getting the representative from McDonald's office to contact me and then to get the WACO office to contact me, I sit here today awaiting the decision I should have had years ago.  I am grateful the new DRO reviewed the decision that the previous DRO made and over turned it.  The DRO that made the egregious errors in my decision has apparently done this to other Veterans.  I hope they investigate this DRO.  I am thankful I did not have to go another 2-4 years to the BVA to appeal a decision due to the egregious errors by one DRO.  I am grateful the new DRO assigned saw the egregious error and reversed the decision at the RO level.

I did talk to the DRO on Wednesday and she said she received the scar C&P exam but not yet received the Foot/Ankle/Toe C&P exam.  She said it shouldn't be too long and then she can rate me.  I am so anxious right now!

So Ebennies has updated my overall rating to 90% today!  Happy dance!  I am now awaiting the retro pay to hit the bank.  I got everything I wanted except for the scars.  I got 10% for left scar, an increase but neither my right foot scar or my left toe scar were rated?  I think this is an error but I am not sure it really makes a difference....

My overall rating with these contentions added was 85% but I just saw that I was awarded my 20% secondary s/c for the anal fissures/hemorrhoids, which now brings me to 88%, rounded up to 90%.

I am completely satisfied with all of this and I think for once in the past several years, I can sit back and just live life and not have to worry about filing a claim.

I plan to send a letter to McDonald's office and WACO RO's office to thank them both for all the efforts they put forth to ensure I got the proper rating w/o having to waiting several more years for a BVA to fix this.

To all Veteran's, never give up your fight!